mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  7:35:39 PM  Show Profile
Some neighbors at the cabin are selling their place - 20 acres and a cabin they built only 2 years ago. I called her when I heard and she said it is just miserable for them to live there any longer. There is one couple who is the catalyst for all the trouble in the "community" - they start rumors and most of the other old timers in the area are more than happy to jump on that wagon. I've had one experience with it myself and it's no fun, but I wish they could hang in there until we move over, so they'd have an ally. They have three kids, though, so she's right in not putting them through this. Why do people have to be that way? The one trouble-making couple is very jealous - when someone new moves in, they don't want the old timers making friends with them - they want to keep them to themselves, so they tell tales. The couple moving is a very nice, down to earth family with three great kids - it's just too bad they had to go through this. This place was their dream and now they're giving it up because of bad neighbors. She said to me tonight "I hope you're tougher than I am, because you're going to have to be to put up with all the back stabbing and rumors when you move in over here." I will pray for these people - both the family and the couple starting the trouble.

Farmgirl Sister #98

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  7:41:34 PM  Show Profile
That is sad............ Too bad the neighbors don't take back their power... good Luck when you move there.. Some people just don't understand friendship and the values of having them.

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

You never know when what you say or do will make a difference...Kerry Kennedy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  8:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so sad Sherri! I remember you telling me about those nosey people that are trouble makers! It is too bad that family is moving away. Hopefully you can stay in touch?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  8:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Sherri, you are right to pray for those people. All of them. How strange to be driven out of a neighborhood because of rumors and jealousy. It never occurred to me that kind of thing happened these days. I am sorry for all involved.

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  9:10:47 PM  Show Profile
It's hard to believe when it's in such a remote area - you move out there for the peacefulness of it all, then one couple, really just one person, throws a wrench in it. I am trying to remember though that it's like Cheryl said - it's all about power. Our plan is just to mind our own business, be friendly in that "wave when you meet them on the road" kind of way, and stay out of all the gossip and politics. It's so weird that you have to worry about that kind of thing way out in the middle of nowhere.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  08:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherri- It sounds like that lady might have a personality that likes to be in everyone's business and she is probably bored so she stirs up trouble to pass the time.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm sad...... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page