Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Favorite Phrase from the Publications?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Favorite Phrase from the Publications? Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  11:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies!

I was re-reading my MaryJanes Farm publications this last week (The Lifebook, The Stitching Room, The Outpost, and the magazines) And was feeling all wrapped in a warm Farmgirl blanket of peace and understanding- a sense of home and how I want my home to feel for my daughter.

So in reading the publications there were lots of phrases that really jumped out at me- that seemed to resonate with extra meaning for me at the time. I hope you know what I mean!

In the lifebook, MaryJane describes the feeling of springtide when she is in the wild outdoors. That really resonated with me and sucked me into some lost hours as I relived memories of springtime int the mountains while my dad worked on our family cabin-in-the-woods.

So what phrases from the publications have really resonated with you? I would love to hear them and some of the thoughts and feeings they evoked for you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  7:08:25 PM  Show Profile
When I read "Carpe Noctem--Seize the night!" in MaryJanes Outpost, I thought: Yes!!
Evening has always been my favorite time of day, both peaceful and oddly unsettling. I love candlelight and the sounds of insects on a summer's eve--when I was young, I used to go outside and watch the heat lightning in the distance, then stand entranced as the thunderstorm approached. I still like to go outside during storms. My dad would always pop some popcorn to eat as we watched the nightly lightning show. I remember sleeping with the windows open, hoping for the faintest breeze to gently brush over me on those terribly hot summer nights. We caught lightning bugs and stayed out till ten o'clock on some nights. I remember on one occasion, while driving across Kansas, we stopped at a rest stop where there were no overhead lights. I lay on the hood of the station wagon and stared up at the Milky Way--the only time I've ever been able to see it that clearly. I guess I find the night more romantic than the day. Something about nights in the country does that to me. Now I live in town, and it's just not the same. I go to my attic sometimes and just listen at night--I can still hear the katydids and locusts on a summer's night--music to my ears.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  7:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's great, Cindy! I love your story! What great memories!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Favorite Phrase from the Publications? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page