Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Pretty decoration for my back door
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pretty decoration for my back door Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  06:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Thought, OK, I'm hanging this up because it looks like spring today. SO THERE! Found it at the thrift the other day and figured I couldn't make one for .99 cents. Going outside now and do a little cleaning up, mostly after the wacky squirrels. Also fill up my bird feeders, all the little one are around looking for food.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  06:31:55 AM  Show Profile
That is so pretty and just perfect for Spring! I love the lilac looking flower bunches..They almost look real.Thanks for sharing!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  06:34:24 AM  Show Profile
It looks pretty good. Nice find. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  2:59:29 PM  Show Profile
Very sweet! It almost feels like spring here today, especially since the wind has stopped howling nonstop. My front yard has hundreds of snowdrops blooming at the moment and I can see the daffodils are starting to come out of their winter sleep. No skunk action for the last week, I really don't miss the stench. I don't know what sets them off, but we do have a tomcat in our barn, maybe he is the reason that they feel the urge to clear the area.

The picture of the aprons at the top of your blog is so wonderful, reminds me of my childhood. I am a fool for slotheslines, especially when the clothes are blowing in the wind. Such nice memories of helping my mother hang out the clothes and learning how to iron pillowcases fresh off the line.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nancy Jo-

I went to my thrift store/antique store today and I think you would have died and gone to heaven!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  3:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Going to heaven sounds fine, not to crazy about the dead part. HA. So did you get anything, what was it like there?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  3:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well it is a combination Thrift Store and antique store, so they had lots of lovely clothes for dirt cheap- got some cute black boots for Nora for only 3 and a horse on springs for 11! They also had all sorts of fabulous antiques from bed frames to this really sweet wire rolling pin holder that has an antique rolling pin in it- The rolling pin must be a pie crust roller because it has lots of beautiful shapes carved into the roller part- that one was $28, so a bit out of my price range at the moment. I want to go back someday without Nora so I can really peruse what they have! They also had two gorgeous antique wedding gowns in the display!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  4:44:31 PM  Show Profile
I spied an apron quite familiar on your banner, Nancy Jo!! That makes me so happy!!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Etsy:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pretty decoration for my back door Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page