Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I had to get on here and post...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I had to get on here and post... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  06:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
So, as all ya'll know, we are moving into the apartment right next door. We have a week to move our stuff. I am doing the small stuff, Scott will do the big stuff next weekend. I have 3 ladies in their housecoats peering out their front doors wondering what the heck is going on. The rumors are gonna fly!!! : ) I just thought it was cute.

Back to moving....

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  07:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so funny, Heather. Why do you have to move next door? It will be nice to have a fresh apartment though! You can really put things exactly where you want them to be!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  07:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well, we only need to be here another 6 months and the make our next military move. We are currently in a 3 bedroom, which we never use the 3rd bedroom. The one next door is 2 bedrooms and about $300 less than here. It will also lower our utility bills quite a bit. Our lease was up April 1st here anywho, so it all worked out. Our HUMONGOUS tv stand won't fit, so we have to break it down and put it in the garage for now unless someone buys it off Craigslist. I am only moving what we absolutely want and there is a HUGE donate pile in the garage. It is nice to do it this way because when we move again, most of it will either be already packed up (stuff we are not using right now) or just a small amount in the apartment. We live right by one of the dumpsters, so everyone is coming to dump their trash and wondering what the hades is going on. It is funny. All you see is me carrying stuff over and Chloe right behind me--in out in out in out... HA!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  08:23:16 AM  Show Profile
That is cute! You will soon be bombarded with Banana Bread too :)

Your new place sounds perfect Heather! Great job in simplifying and saving money :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  08:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks...I am actually able to clean things as they go over, sort, and everything is going right into place. We had our old neighbors offer to help, but I have a problem with people touching my stuff. I know...crazy cowgirl...but I rather just do it at my own pace and put it where I want it.

It is amazing how much we have gotten rid of. This is our 6th move in 3 years and we probably have donated, sold, dumped about 75% of what we had and we still have TOO much right now. Someday, when I have a house, I can have a little bit more because I know I am not moving it for awhile. But actually, I like just what I have. All I need to add is 2 living room chairs, a dresser and some patio furniture. It is so nice not to need but be blessed with what we have!!! Moving so much has prioritized things in life!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  08:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I got rid of about half of our things when we moved from Idaho to Montana. I took about 3 stuffed car loads down to the Salvation Army, had a huge garage sale too! It's amazing how things accumulate.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I had to get on here and post... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page