Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Fancy Washer & Dryer....Junk! Next Topic  

starwalker
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Lynne
Gainesboro Tennessee
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  10:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see starwalker's MSN Messenger address
Last year our stackable Kenmore Washer and Dryer finally was beyond putting more repairs in. It was getting repaired more than it worked. After 23 years we let her retire.

My middle son was so kind as to buy me a set. He thought momma would just love those Sears front end loaders with all the fancy settings. Digital this and auto that. Bless his heart...He's a good boy. 2500.00 worth of digital!

Problem. I expect clean clothes when I wash them. They are great for quilts. It doesn't beat the stitches. And good for clothes that aren't really dirty. But now you get this TN mud in them or the guys scrubbin around on the ground with car grime on them. No way is this fancy thing going to touch that kind of dirt!

I am hunting for me a dream...A Wringer washer!

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  1:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Lynne, I have a friend that just got the new front loaders and loves them. Are you using the "right" detergent? I know they require some special type. Boy, and I was being envious of those washers because they use so much less water! Good luck with the wringer washer.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

starwalker
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Lynne
Gainesboro Tennessee
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  6:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see starwalker's MSN Messenger address
Yep, I am using the right detergent.Most times I have to run the batch through twice. So that really doesn't save much water.The majority of the time it's....ok. I love it for quilts, sheets and other large items. Really, really soiled stuff these things just can't compare to a wringer.
Go to Top of Page

MNFarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  3:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Lynne you should check out the different types of wringer washers on Lehman's website. I love their stuff, Aubrey

"Agriculture...is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end conribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  4:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lynn,
I know what you mean about a wringer washer, I had one for a few years and for getting clothes clean, you can't beat it. I hope your machine troubles work themselves out!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  5:00:48 PM  Show Profile
I would love to have a wringer washer again. I had one the first three years of marriage. Never had cleaner clothes. They are great for diapers. Hope you find one! Good hunting!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Blessedx6
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Carol
Spencer IA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  10:53:17 AM  Show Profile
I have always wondered about those front loaders... Dh's Grandma was downsizing,I got her wringer washer and wash tubs.Problem is it needs repaired.
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  11:24:59 AM  Show Profile
we have a kenmore front loader the smaller size. It cleans my clothes great (I have a one year and four year old who get plenty dirty on our farm). I use ALL (made for front loaders).I love the fact that jeams and towels are almost dry when the get through the spin cycle.

On the kennmore video that came with the washer it says that if you fill it too full it won't clean properly. Mine doesn't hold as much as my old top loader but I have the smaller size front loader.

I really like my front loader .

Cornerstone Garlic Farm http://www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=6792
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

starwalker
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Lynne
Gainesboro Tennessee
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  12:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see starwalker's MSN Messenger address
I have the huge set. Don't get me wrong. For some things I love it to pieces!But, I very much miss my wringer!

Blessedx6-YOU LUCKY DUCK! Any shop will fix them. I would try to find a repair that has older washers and dryers for sale.They have access to companies that still carry older parts. The best thing is they are easy to fix.

Edited by - starwalker on Jan 25 2006 12:03:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Fancy Washer & Dryer....Junk! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page