Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Interesting Info About Burt's Bees
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Interesting Info About Burt's Bees Next Topic
Page: of 2

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  12:52:23 PM  Show Profile
heh I knew the Clorox buy-out. I have met Burt a couple of times...nice/odd. He has a small shop (antique one-room schoolhouse) in Abbot and sells Oriental carpets in the warm months. Though I haven't seen it open often. My daughter was his nearest neighbor in Parkman for awhile and had issues with his rampant doggie.She liked Burt though. I worked in a tourist trap shop in the area for a time and Roxanne used to come through with her friends from time to time and Burt was always trailing along. I felt they were marketing his scruffy old bearded self. lol

She has bought a lot of land here in Maine. Isn't terribly well liked by sportsman or anyone else she has trampled on. BUT she had a parting of the ways with RESTORE according to the Bangor paper a couple of years ago and quite truthfully.......she may well be the only person who owns a tree someday. She has no problem (supposedly) with use of her land as long as it is within her parameters.

I work for a company that maintains a gate system on a few million acres of land here. Owned by logging, private people and Quimby. I believe she is on our board of directors or can be if she chooses because she owns X amount of land. Because of where I work I see from day to day just how much of the land is being cut/savaged. Not a heck of a lot left .

I figure we ought to call Maine in Swamp Alder state,,,,think the Pines are gone now.

In any case Quimby had a business brain I guess and poor old Burt didn't. I think she always meant to sell bigger and better and buy more and more land. But there are people who work for BB and I am watching to see if they change the product.

I remember when they had a tiny triny storefront in Guilford. And a lot of people complained (after the fact of course) that she took the business out of state. Maine is not noted for its business-friendly I'm afraid.

"Never spend time with people who do not respect you."

Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  12:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
AH! horrible, I think I read that awhile back but forgot. It's amazing what you find out.....OY. I think I'll have to buy off FGs from now on. xo

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Interesting Info About Burt's Bees Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page