Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 I can't stand our weather this year!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic I can't stand our weather this year! Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  9:30:37 PM  Show Profile
I have been so ready to put in my garden - I know I'm pushing it a little - but two inches of snow? I got up this morning to get ready to go to the last day of the show I was in and my dh had to drive me - there was two inches of snow on the ground and it was snowing like crazy. It got worse as we headed toward Olympia - couple people in the ditch, crawling traffic over Rock Candy Mountain - crazy! Dh put in a new little fence yesterday to keep the dogs away from the garden and I wanted to plant my onions - it's way too late for snow in Western Wa!!!

Farmgirl Sister #98

Edited by - mikesgirl on Mar 15 2009 9:31:26 PM

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  11:33:57 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you sherri. March is usually warm and sunny---ready to lull us into a false sense of Spring and then a late frost. With Mother Nature laughing. Snowed here this morning too but then all melted and the sun came out but was still very cold. What tha..........MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  03:28:50 AM  Show Profile
You have snow, we have rain

Neither of us can do a lick of gardening

I'm tired of all the squish

As of this a.m. and 3 days of rain, you can hear the rush of the creek again when you stand outside the front door
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  08:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Same here, girls. Rain, rain and then more rain. The only things liking this are my ducks. When it rains like this we get a pond down at the bottom of the pasture and they spend lots of time down there. It's so cute. I am happy for them. But I do not want to go outside anymore til the sun dries up all this nasty mud!

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  08:38:29 AM  Show Profile
I know your frustration Sherri but you know the old saying about weather and taxes, 2 things you can't do much about. I did see on Ag Day this morning a long range forecast for below normal temps and above precipitation for the NW for the next 90 days. Brace yourself. Hopefully we'll get to plant potatoes on Mother's Day...that's always my goal here in chillyville.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  08:54:30 AM  Show Profile
I know what you mean, Sherri. This is crazy!! Somedays its in the 60 and the very next day itll be in the 30s. It is insane and very aggravating. I never know whether to continue preparing for winter or to break out the Spring clothes and gear.
ack!!
no fun!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Every man's life is a fairy-tale written by God's fingers."--Hans Christian Anderson

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  09:00:32 AM  Show Profile
So it's all over the country and not just in the PNW. What is up with this? Do you think we'll have a long summer then, so our gardens will get enough time to mature? Does nature make up for crazy early spring with long sunny summers? But you're right Jami - nothing you can do about weather and taxes!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  2:23:08 PM  Show Profile
A couple of mornings ago it was -28 at International Falls aka the icebox of the nation. That day the high was 54 above!!! This is nuts!JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  3:30:31 PM  Show Profile
Same for us in the south.

Last week there was snow on the ground, a few days later it was 70!

Craaazzzeeeee
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic I can't stand our weather this year! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page