Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Cinnamon Spelt Cake ... yummmmm!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Cinnamon Spelt Cake ... yummmmm! Next Topic  

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  06:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
I just made the most wonderful cake ever! And I used spelt flour and raw sugar. I found the recipe on the King Arthur Flour web site "cinnamon coffeecake" is the name. The only thing I changed is the baking powder; it calls for 1 teas and I grabbed the wrong spoon so I added
1 1/2 teas and I was out of whole milk so I used evaporated milk.

This cake is light and fluffy with just a hint of cinnamon. I did cream the butter and sugar then added the eggs and let it sit about 10 minutes for the raw sugar to dissolve. Not at all like a coffeecake though.

I just had to try it before I posted if it was good or not. LOL

The photo is nothing great but I posted it anyway.

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  08:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lynn,
Thanks for the info on the spelt coffee cake,I am always trying to find recipes using spelt. I sure would like to get rid of sugar also, but at least we can use raw sugar in it. Any chance do you think honey might work. Toni
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  09:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Hi Toni,
I was so low on honey that I didn't dare use the last of it in this cake. When I get more honey, I'll try it and let you know. This cake is the best!

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Cinnamon Spelt Cake ... yummmmm! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page