Page: of 2

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  11:13:29 AM  Show Profile
Hmm...it seems you ladies would do anything for some fabric! My grandma gave me some fabric that belonged to my great grandma. She worked at a shirt factory in Pennsylvania from the 1930's to the 1970's. I know I will never use all that I have, but I don't want to just throw it away. I thought about ebay, but I really don't know enough about the fabric to list it. My great grandma died in 1979 (while I was still in my mama's belly) so all fabric is older than that.

I'm willing to trade flat-rate boxes, if anyone's interested. Things I'd like to trade for include aprons, shopping totes, homemade goodies...etc. I'd love homemade soaps etc., but my daughter is allergic to dairy and nuts and avocado, so I can't have any soaps that have those ingredients or were poured in the same molds that have been used for those ingredients because of the risk of cross-contamination.

I might be willing to trade for other things, but I don't need anything to clutter up my limited shelf space.

Anybody interested?

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  11:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Any pictures?

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  11:46:24 AM  Show Profile
I can post pictures during my kids' nap today. Stay tuned... :)
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  11:52:27 AM  Show Profile
Mary....North Pole Alaska??? That made me LOL.

Whatcha got?

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  12:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I would love to see pics to and you can check out my etsy store and my blog, lots of totes and crochet. I am off to my daughter's baby shower but will check back around dinner time. Thanks.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  12:48:14 PM  Show Profile
This first picture shows all of the fabric I have. The third column is mostly flannel, but I think most everything else is regular cotton. You can see some tags on the bottom row. They don't mean anything to me, but maybe one of you will think that's special.

The second picture just shows you some of the fun designs.

If you see something that catches your eye, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just stuff the boxes randomly.

Thanks, ladies!
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  2:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I love all the goofy kids' patterns. Reminds me of a simpler time in my life.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  3:14:04 PM  Show Profile
If you are willing to barter for some handcrafted soap, salve, whipped shea butter or lip balm. I would love anything from the 2nd "fun" photo or the Paisley print!!

Let me know.

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  3:32:30 PM  Show Profile
The third red plaid down (with small yellow stripe crossing through black square...I have to have it...it's Wallace tartan!!! (my maiden name) I'd also like any pink or pink roses you may run across, If there is any wizard of oz fabric I'd love some.The novelty prints are cute too. I am a quilter so I can use fabric. Just tell me what you would like, I can cook (organic most always) I have vintage aprons or I can make you new ones, I have tons of vintage items..just list what you like & I will get it to you.

"I want world that is sane & just & clean & willing to do my part to make it so"
Go to Top of Page

tamer08
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Tami
Spearfish SD
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  3:44:57 PM  Show Profile
I am interested in the flannel, and the blue, pink, yellow, tan squared fabric....I can make shopping bags, wool mittens or an apron for you. Let me know if you are willing to barter. Thanks Tami
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  4:12:23 PM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by melody

If you are willing to barter for some handcrafted soap, salve, whipped shea butter or lip balm. I would love anything from the 2nd "fun" photo or the Paisley print!!

Hi, Melody. The hawaiian and cowboy "fun" prints are already spoken for. The airplanes are available and so is the paisley. The paisley fabric may not be cotton. It is more textured than the others. Maybe polyester? I'm sorry I'm not better at knowing these things. It is still available.

I'd love to have some handcrafted soap or lip balm. My only worry is about my daughter's allergies. Do you have anything that wouldn't pose a risk for her. I like the sound of the sea salt scrub on your website. That might be a safe alternative if you're willing. Let me know.
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suzifire

The third red plaid down (with small yellow stripe crossing through black square...I have to have it...it's Wallace tartan!!! (my maiden name) I'd also like any pink or pink roses you may run across, If there is any wizard of oz fabric I'd love some.The novelty prints are cute too. I am a quilter so I can use fabric. Just tell me what you would like, I can cook (organic most always) I have vintage aprons or I can make you new ones, I have tons of vintage items..just list what you like & I will get it to you.

"I want world that is sane & just & clean & willing to do my part to make it so"

The plaid is yours! I don't have any pink or roses or wizard of oz. I'd love to trade you for an apron! What do you have?
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  4:24:33 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tamer08

I am interested in the flannel, and the blue, pink, yellow, tan squared fabric....I can make shopping bags, wool mittens or an apron for you. Let me know if you are willing to barter. Thanks Tami

Yes, yes, yes! Do you have any pictures?

Go to Top of Page

tamer08
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Tami
Spearfish SD
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  4:50:01 PM  Show Profile
Mary...I don't have pictures...just traded with Toni at xertig@aol.com and she loved the items...you could contact her if you have questions. I make the mittens from recycled wool and the shopping bags are big enough to actually shop. Let me know what you want and when....Tami

Edited by - tamer08 on Mar 14 2009 4:52:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  5:01:41 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tamer08

Mary...I don't have pictures...just traded with Toni at xertig@aol.com and she loved the items...you could contact her if you have questions. I make the mittens from recycled wool and the shopping bags are big enough to actually shop. Let me know what you want and when....Tami

I've set aside the flannels and checkered fabric for you. I like everything you're offering, so you decide. Are your shopping bags flat-bottomed? Do I get to choose colors? Thanks! :)
Go to Top of Page

hobbimom
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Cheryl
Greenwich NJ
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  8:56:10 PM  Show Profile
In the first picture the pasley purple fabric. I would like that if it is still available. What would you

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  9:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary I will get to it pronto. If that brown one is available above mine I will take it and put something extra in for you.

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Mar 14 2009 9:21:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  09:33:48 AM  Show Profile
What colors do you like? I have vintage or I can make you one. Let me know on colors & I will see what we can find, I think I also have a couple of Christmas vintage ones.

THANKS For the advice1 I just edited it to remove the address

"I want a world that is sane & just & clean & willing to do my part to make it so"

Edited by - suzifire on Mar 15 2009 10:54:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  09:44:44 AM  Show Profile
Suzi anyone can read this forum and you should never post addys or phone numbers or any personal info for your own safety. When you sign in you can use the envelope above persons name to email them that info. Addresses are not posted anywhere we email each other to get those.

Go to Top of Page

tamer08
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Tami
Spearfish SD
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Mary...I have about most every color of mittens and I can make any style of bag for you..so you tell me what you want and I will get started on them. Tami
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Mary air mailed your package today. Enjoy

Go to Top of Page

mothersdream
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Sheryl
Wendover Ut
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  3:13:33 PM  Show Profile
Noticed that you're in North Pole Mary, and so I thought I would say hi, from an ex North Poleroid! Hope break up is a smooth one this year.

Sheryl

Bloom where you're planted.
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  07:56:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mothersdream

Noticed that you're in North Pole Mary, and so I thought I would say hi, from an ex North Poleroid! Hope break up is a smooth one this year.

Sheryl

Bloom where you're planted.

Hi, Sheryl! How long have you been gone?

http://hiswifeandtheirmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  07:57:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all of your interest, ladies! This fabric is now spoken for. What fun! I need to look around and see what else I have to barter with!

http://hiswifeandtheirmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzifire
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Suzi
Denton N.C.
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  2:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Just to let you know I haven't dissappeared...I do work slowly though....almost done..I need an address

"I want a world that is sane & just & clean & I am willing to do my part to make it so"
Go to Top of Page

tamer08
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Tami
Spearfish SD
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  3:58:01 PM  Show Profile
Mary...Sent your package today...hope you enjoy. Tami
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Loads of vintage fabric Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page