True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  04:22:34 AM  Show Profile
BUMMER!!!
I woke up around 3 30 or so when her roasting hand touched mine. She's taken to sleeping with us. I got up and took her temperature; 101.8. Anything greater than 100.4 is a trip to the ER. So, they'll check her counts and if those are greater than 500, then they'll give her a whopper dose of antibiotic but if those counts are less (which they probably will be) then she'll be admitted.

Aria hasn't had to be admitted since early December. This has been a WONDERFUL stretch! For fear of sounding pessimistic, it really wasn't to last. It is very common and perfectly normal that she'd have to be admitted. You see, I've been dealing with some kind of bug all week. She's bound to get it but doesn't have the immune system to fight it so she always gets it worse.

Trust me when I say that you would NEVER in a million years know she was sick AND had a 101.8 fever. If I had a fever like that I'd be in tears. Not Aria. She rattled off what she wants from MCDonalds, all the popsicles she'll eat at the ER and all the movies they have. Her spirits were so high and bubbly!

She is such a champ!

The hospital isn't so bad. I've met a lot of amazing FarmGirls there. I'm serious! I have an extra copy of the April issue, so I'll be sure to bring that along and leave it at the nurse's station. They're all so super nice to us and Aria really has a good time there. Reo and Rianna too...It is so twisted and weird but they love it!

Keep us close farmgirls...keep us close!

I'll keep you posted!!(i'll have my computer with me if we need to stay so I'll be checking in often and pulling angel cards! I'm serious...gives me something to do!!!!)

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  05:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Send up some prayers for you! Keep us posted!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  05:53:11 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you and Aria!!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  06:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sending prayers for sweet little ARIA!!! ((((HUGS)))

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  06:13:27 AM  Show Profile
It's been 2 hours and no word yet. The waiting and not knowing is the WORST!!! It's so weird because when I'm there the time flies! Really 2 hours,*poof* and it's gone. I know exactly what they're doing...a lot of waiting too. Blood work, IV fluids probably an antibiotic too and a chest x-ray, maybe some other cultures. This is pretty standard procedure. Loads and loads of waiting....just wish I knew one way or the other. Staying? or Coming home?

Nervous energy here is all but the good thing is that I've showered, dressed, done 3 loads of laundry, made beds, packed an overnight bag for Aria just in case, getting all my sewing stuff ready to bring and nearly ready to tackle some ironing! Amazing what you can do with a wicked early morning, several cups of coffee and a big dose of anxiety! yeeeehaw!! ~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  06:28:16 AM  Show Profile
julia, you are a one woman wonder. Don't know how you do it. We are all waiting with you.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  06:30:48 AM  Show Profile
Did you return home for the wait? With Aria? You and Aria are in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Hope you find out soon.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  06:43:16 AM  Show Profile
Doc, my husband took Aria, while I stayed home while the other 2 kids slept. Doc just called about 5 minutes ago. Chest x-ray done, IV fluids on board and still waiting on counts. Her temp remains 101.8. I doubt she's going anywhere but we're still waiting. Thank you so much for waiting with me. I've blown off the ironing but was cleaning my stove and oven when Doc called! OY!!! ~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  06:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Julia, Bless you and Aria. You have amazing strength & endurance. It is hard enough being a mom with out a sick child. I will light a candle for you both. I hope the results come quickly.

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

You never know when what you say or do will make a difference...Kerry Kennedy
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  07:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Hugs & prayers to Aria & her lovely momma!! You are both courageous fighters!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  07:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the voices of strength and encouragement. Aria's counts are down, which means she is being admitted. Her counts aren't horrible but they are more than likely trending down. She's definitely fighting something. She got tylenol and some iv antibiotics already and her temp. came down to 99.0. Doc, said she was resting nicely and they'll be transported to a room within the hour. We're up and ready to head on in and will be there around 9 am and spend an entire day watching movies!!! My kids LOVE this...They don't get to do it at home, so this is such a treat for them, as sick and twisted as that is! I'm bringing all my sewing so I get to do that too. I'm pretty stoked about it.

Keep us close and thank you so so so much!! ~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  09:01:40 AM  Show Profile
Julia:
I echo the "bummer" thing but sounds like Aria has a party planned...McDonalds, movies and popsicles! What a gal...seeing the silver lining in it. Hey, you've raised a little "muddle through" farmgirl, that is for sure. And you can sit and sew...youneed a rest after that long night and busy morning!

We're waiting to hear how it's going. Prayers are going strong for Aria and all of you today. So glad her temp is down...now to get those counts back up! Hugs.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  10:19:17 AM  Show Profile
Julia, sounds like you have this all under control. I guess ya'll have been through it enough to have things ready. It sounds like her brother and sister really lift her up and keep her mind off things. That's so neat of them. I'm sure she wants them around as much as she can.

Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers today. You can draw me another angel card while you're at it. Thanks. You are amazing.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  10:45:00 AM  Show Profile
Healing thoughts are headed your way from the semi-frozen north. What a champ your daughter is, truly you are such a remarkable family. Such tough times but you all go sailing through, supporting each other. Love just radiates from your posts. I hope things calm down and you get the answers you need for today.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  11:50:59 AM  Show Profile
My thoughts are with you and the little chicks...Try and get some rest Julia! Sending quiet thoughts.

What a roller coaster ride life is huh? Up and down....up and down.....

Big hug...

Melody
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  1:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
My prayers for you and Aria and your whole family.
Try to stay strong and remember to get enough ( or at least some) rest yourself.
If you post your addy, we could start sending Aria cards and good wishes.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  2:38:21 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Julia,
Girl you know how I feel about you and I am sending all the healthy, happy, and hormonious thoughts that I can find. I am there with you in spirit..... Can't wait for the news that she is home and all is well... Much love.................

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  2:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh, no. I'll be sure to keep you both in my prayers.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  3:49:34 PM  Show Profile
I am thinking about your sweet little one and your whole family! :)

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  3:55:16 PM  Show Profile
please give your little gal a hug. keeping you all in prayers.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile
Aria I hope you're doing better today!
Julia! No more coffee for you!
*thinking healthy thoughts for you all*

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  6:49:45 PM  Show Profile
(((((Aria, Julia and family))))) Get well soon! FarmGirl Hugs! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  7:10:07 PM  Show Profile
What wonderful thoughts and warm wishes for us!! THANK YOU!!!

Let me begin by saying that the hospital is such a HUGE drag!! It's so much like airport waiting....where your plane is delayed indefinitely and you're sitting there not knowing what to do and where to go. I find it so challenging to find amusing things to do with the kids so the tv is on basically the entire time. I just don't have the energy to do much and at the same time, I'm just sitting there. It is the worst feeling. It doesn't help that we were in isolation because of Aria's fever. So we couldn't go to the playroom even if we had wanted to. We brought a few toys from home and I colored faces on my hands and made puppets but for 9 hours that was what we did! The kids, were incredible!

Aria's fever never broke and even spiked up to 102.3! She was limp and teary at that point, clearly uncomfortable. Poor baby doesn't have much of an appetite and doesn't want to drink. Even popsicles weren't doing it for her, which speaks volumes.

My guess is that we aren't going anywhere for at least another day. That's the other funny thing about the hospital..For me anyway, I can't wait to get there and once there I'm relieved but as soon as I sort of settle in I just can't stop wondering when we get to leave! It is the strangest state of limbo! I'm so happy Aria is in a safe place and I can't wait to get her home. I know this is what the doctors and nurses deal with every single day and I can't help but want this whole nightmare years behind us. I know leukemia has an excellent prognosis and the chances of her being cured are far greater than anything but I can't help feeling sorrow and fright. I know she is doing well and yet she isn't. I know our hospital is incredible compared to so many places across the globe. Her care is exemplary and I'm cautious to even complain. Yet, I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit that It is hard to be in this moment when I just want this moment and the next several months of up and down moments to just be over!

I don't have a handle on it yet farmgirls. I'm working on it but this ride called cancer is complex; it is full of dichotomy that often seems representative of the extreme and I'm simply trying to find the middle ground through all of it....Before Aria got sick the idea of 'balance' was an esoteric one but one that I nevertheless considered with care. It has become something entirely different to me now. It is striking an emotional awareness that allows me to race and be perfectly calm at the same time.

Farmgirls, your words of encouragement and praise mean a great deal to me. I know very deeply and truly that as challenging as this is I am infinitely blessed.

I'll keep you posted and thanks again so very much!!!
~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  8:25:26 PM  Show Profile
Gosh Julia, I am so sorry! Aria is most definitely in my prayers as well as you and the rest of your family.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  06:53:40 AM  Show Profile
Julia-Aria and all of you will be in my prayers. May God touch her with His healing hand, and may He give you all peace and comfort as you endure this trial.

(((((Hugs)))))

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  08:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I want you to know that you are amazing! Your whole family is truely AWESOME troopers. What a scary confrontation with illness. Please don't feel bad about watching too much TV or not doing all the creative projects you had planned with your children. This is where you need to be now and it is most important you stay rested and well yourself. Reading this today and seeing you entries over the weekend, all very positive, makes me wish I could say something or do something to help.

I have been a nurses assistant this last year and learned of two amazing women authors who have dedicated their lives to healing.

#1 Heal Your Body by Louise Hay (you might have to buy online.)
This is an awesome book about how we think influences our well being. She says that Leukemia is "Lack of Joy or feeling like what is the use". Now I don't know excactly how that translates for children or for your family. But what she says is to repeat the positive mind pattern "Joyous new ideas are circulating freely within me. I move beyond past limitations into the freedom of the now. It is safe to be me." Say this out loud to Aria over and over. Assure her she is safe and create and celebrate joy at every turn you can find. I know it sounds like mumble jumble but how can it hurt? NOTE: you sound extremely joyful and like you are doing all this already but I hve know cancer patients who have found this so helpful. . .

#2 The Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
Honestly I am in the middle of this one right now. But WOW! She is an extremely gifted healer and helps comfort so much. Perhaps there is something positive you could glean from her writings.

I wish I had more to offer you other than advice and prayers. If there is anything your sweet family does need, please post it so us farm girls can do what we can for you; even if we have to overnight a casserole to ya. lol

Know we are here.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Family Matters: Previous Topic Aria is off to the ER!!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page