Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  2:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any tried and true Vegetarian recipes that are awesome??? (ps. They can include eggs & Cheese)

I need some new menus!!!

Thanks in advance,
Bridge

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  07:45:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey Bridge!!

We were vegetarian, sometimes vegan, for 8 years. I'm from down here in the south where meat is a big deal and part of our whole culture. It was a challenge because we didn't necessarily have the tastebuds for exotic veg. fare. Therefore, a lot of the cookbooks were not a help to me. So, I tweaked our regular recipes. I have recipes for veggie gumbo, jambalaya, creole, pasta, etc....

I need to go school with my kids right now. But, I'll post later with some of our favorites.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  09:17:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey we're Veg here too. I have a ton of meals of course no real recipes but I can explain it all and give ingredients. Looking for anything in particular? Below is a veg. repice I posted sometime around Christmas. Something to start with. Everyone loves this recipe.

Shepards Pie:

OK well I don't have an exact recipe but it's so easy there's really no way to mess up. I haven't made this in a while and there are no exact measurements. Here are the ingredients
1 medium to large onion - chopped
? cloves garlic - this really depends on much garlic you, I like a lot
a few carrots - chopped
a few stick of celery - chopped
tomatoes - sauce, or paste, or even canned - I'll explain
lentils
potatoes

So the lentils take the place of the meat. And the potatoes are to be made into mashed potatoes. Now with the tomatoes it all has to do with consistency you cook the lentils with the tomatoes so whatever kind of tomato you have will work as long as there's enough liquid to cook the lentils. One reason for not giving amounts is because I'm not sure the size of the pan you will be baking in the other reason is because this is a recipe from my head and as you probably know you don't usually measure when you make things up. But this turns out every time I make it as a hit, everyone loves it.

Ok How to... So you cook enough potatoes to make enough mashed potatoes to cover generously the pan generously - I have made garlic mashed taters and mustardy mashed taters and they were both good. So while the potatoes are cooking you can start the lentils.

Start by sauteing with a little olive oil the chopped onion and garlic, then add the celery then carrot. Once everything releases it's goodness then add the lentils (hum...amount this ones hard, I think may be 1cup to 1 1/2 cup) You see, this is hard because I'm not sure of the size of the pan, what you want is a good thick layer of lentils with a little thinner layer of mash potatoes on top. So what would do in pour the dried lentils into the baking pan until covers the whole bottom remembering that lentils double in size once they're cooked and then I think you will have the right amount. Anyway if you have too much they'll really delicious just by themselves. Back to recipe.. So you added the lentils, mix them around get them coated in the oil . And then add the tomatoes if your using paste you'll have to add quite a bit of liquid, lentils are like rice it's about 2-1 and you can keep adding water while it cooks if it's evaporating too fast. Add whatever seasoning you enjoy - a little salt, pepper, garlic, oregano etc. simmer lentils until their just cooked, just softened not mushy. You don't want too much liquid left about the same consistency as if you were using ground beef. Pour tomaotoey lentils into baking pan, cover with a generous layer of mashed potatoes bake at about 400 for about 20 minute should be nice and bubbly

Hope I didn't make it sound too complicated, it's really easy it's just not an exact recipe.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  12:10:30 PM  Show Profile
Here's my favorite: Vegetable Pie. It takes a bit of time to make, but is worth it. Just made it this week - one pie to eat and one to freeze from one recipe. Yum!

Catherine

Vegetable Pie

16 oz. can of chick peas, drained
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 lb. fresh spinach (or 10oz frozen chopped)
3 Tbs. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, grated
1 medium green pepper, diced small
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce or equivalent)
1 cup bread crumbs
freshly ground black pepper
basil
oregano
shredded cheese (Jack, Cheddar, whatever...)
2 9" prepared pie crusts

• Mash chick peas in a big bowl with a potato masher, mix in rice
• Cook spinach in just the water clinging to the leaves; drain well and squeeze, add to bowl (or thaw frozen spinach and squeeze)
• Heat oil in medium skillet and saute the onion and garlic until tender but not browned
• Add the carrot and green pepper and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes
• Add to the rice mixture
• Combine with eggs, soy sauce and bread crumbs
• Add spices...whatever looks good to you!
• Add some cheese, save the rest for the tops of the pies
• Turn mixture into prepared pie crusts
• Top with shredded cheese
• Bake at 350° for 35 minutes, or until almost set
• Cool 10 minutes before serving

Eat one now, freeze one for later! (Bake a tad bid longer after frozen.)
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  9:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
My favorite is tofu chili! It's so good, even if I did eat meat again, I'd rather eat this!

Mixed Bean Chili with Tofu
Serves 4

7 ounces firm tofu, drained and crumbled (about 1 cup)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (I use regular)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoons hot chili powder or regular chili powder
1 teaspoon minced drained canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups water
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans
1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained(I use a can of whole tomatoes blended with the hand blender before putting it in)
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream

Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add tofu and 3/4 teaspoon cumin; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce; cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates. Remove tofu mixture from pan.
Heat the oil in pan; add 3/4 teaspoon cumin, chopped onion, coriander, and oregano; sauté 4 minutes. Add tofu mixture, tomato paste, and next 5 ingredients (paste through garlic); stir well. Add water, beans, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Spoon chili into bowls; top each serving with cilantro and sour cream.

Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  9:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Another of my favorites is grilled veggie sandwiches. Heat the oven to 450/500(My oven gets super hot so it all depends!)You put sliced eggplant, zucchini, red bell pepper (banana peppers are awesome, too!) and portabella mushrooms on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Then spray the veggies with the spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stick in the oven for about 10 min. Mix a dressing of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic salt, and Italian seasonings. When your veggies are done cookin' put em on a toasted roll and add dressing. Better than a burger any day!
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  9:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Here's my mom's spaghetti sauce recipe. So good!

Spaghetti Sauce

4-6 T olive oil
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large can whole tomatoes
1 large can tomato puree
2 small cans tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 T parsley(If using fresh herbs you can add more than a T of this and basil)
1 T basil
1 T salt
1 T sugar
2-3 cups water

Heat dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Saute until tender. Use a hand blender to blend whole tomatoes in can. Add tomatoes and rest of ingredients. Cover. Cook for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. We use this for all our pasta dishes as well as for eggplant parmigiana, which I'll have to dig out the recipe for! It's my absolute favorite food!

Wow, I'm on a roll! haha! Can you tell that I looove food?!
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  9:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, one more and then I'll be done for the night! Hey! We should totally make a farmgirl cookbook! Anyway, back to the recipe. This one's for cabbage and leek soup, had it for dinner tonight! This is perfect for those sick-in-bed days. Nice, light, and soothing!

Cabbage and Leek Soup

1/2 cup chopped leeks
4 cups shredded cabbage
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons butter
1 large potato, diced
2 medium carrots, sliced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
Salt and black pepper

Saute leeks and cabbage in the butter until limp. Add potato, carrots, broth, and pepper. Simmer slowly until vegetables are soft. Remove bay leaf. Add thyme, salt and black pepper to taste.
Serves 2 to 3
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  09:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Thank you! Thank You!! I can't wait to try these!!

Love you farmgirls!!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  09:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Catherine that veg pie sounds good

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  09:47:50 AM  Show Profile
and tofu chile, Yum!! Laura I love to make grill veggies and use them for sandwiches. When we flew down to LA for Christmas we brought our lunch with us, it was probably the best sandwich I'd ever had. Toasted wheat bread, roasted portobella mushrooms (roasted in balsamic vin. and garlic) with avocado and melted jack cheese. Is that to die for or what!?

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  09:57:01 AM  Show Profile
Here's one I just sent to my brother. I got it from my Grandmom, I thought it would be perfect for him because he's trying to lose wieght.

This is a creamy soup without the cream.

Broccoli Soup

1 onion
2 stalks celery
2 carrots
1/2 Minute rice (Mommom say you can probably use regular rice and just cook it longer)
4cups water
4 boullion cubes (veg or chicken , no beef)
1 good size broccoli
2 cups milk (regular or low fat)

Saute' in a little olive oil the onion, celery and carrot until just tender. Add water and boullion. Add Broccoli. Add rice. Cook until tender. Blend in batches (this is when it's nice to hand a hand blender so you can just stick it in the pot and blend instead of doing it in batches). if your blending it in batches return it to the pot and add the 2 cups of milk. And serve, oh they said at this point you can add some parmeasian or romano cheese, which will add a little more fat so it's up to you. I think it's sounds without the cheese.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  10:00:04 AM  Show Profile
Here's another soup I sent him. You see we eat a lot of soup because we work and go to school so much there's not much time left for cookin dinner so I make a big pot of soup on Sunday and make bread on Saturday and we're set for at least a couple of days of the week.

Veggie Soup
2 med. potatoes
1 yam
1 med.-large onion
couple cloves garlic
1 small head cauliflower
4 stalks celery
1 can beans draned (any kind of bean would work)
1 med. can tomatos (whole or in chuncks)
2 quarts tomato puree*see note
4 boullion cubes - (any kind and Mommom says if you need more you can add)
about another quart of water may be a little more.
seasonoings: Oregano, Bay leaves, salt, pepper, fresh or frozen parsley * see note, garlice and onion powder

*Note: I jar my own tomatos so I think the equivalant would be canned puree tomatos and I put about two quarts tomatoe puree and a couple whole tomatoes if thier cheap this time of the year they are not so cheap so I usually leave them out but canned would do just fine. About the parsley I learn this from Mommom dried parsley is worth nothing, it has no flavor, only fresh or frozen. So what I do is buy it fresh when it's a good price and freeze it this just just this kind of thing.

In a big soup pot add the water, tomato puree, potatoes, yam, onion and boullion cubes, Bay leaves, salt. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat until it's a rolling simmer. Add some of the spices like the garlic and onion shake a little oregano. Simmer this for a little while until things get a little tender. Taste the soup although out to make sure there's enough boulllion and check the seasonings,add a little here and a little there. Add the whole tomatoes and the beans. Continue simmering and add some of the garlic ( I like to crush the garlic but if you don't have garlic press chopped will work just fine) save some the garlic for the end. And some of that fresh or frozen parsley. Iff the soup in looking a liltle too full add a little water and just keep tasting it so you don't thin the flavor out. Over all the soup should take about an hour to make not including chopping the stuff up before. At the end about 5 min before turning heat off add the last clove or two of garlic and a little more of that parsley. And there you have it. Go out and get yourself some crusty whole wheat bread (meaning the breads first ingredient should be unbreached Whole Wheat Flour). And enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
*************** Just so ya know I don't use boullion cubes that is to make things easier for my brother, he can be kind of lasy when it comes to cooking. And much of it is converted into can stuff. I jar most of my own stuff and don't really buy canned anything. Plus these are certainly not exact recipes none of my meals are.

Blessed Be

Edited by - sqrl on Jan 20 2006 10:03:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  8:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Oh how I love soup! I'll definitely have to try those! And sqrl, that sandwich does sound like it's to die for! I really should use avocado more. It's tasty on sandwiches but I always forget to buy it! Keep those recipes coming!

Much love,
Laura
Go to Top of Page

emma.birdwhistle
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Elizabeth Ann
Ontario
Canada
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  06:06:32 AM  Show Profile
These recipes all sound wonderful. Here are two of my favorites to add to the list:

Lentil & Potato Stew

1 cup lentils (I use green lentils for this)
4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt (optional, and I usually leave it out)
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
salt to taste (again, optional, and I usually leave it out - but that's just because I never put salt in anything if I can avoid it )
freshly ground black pepper
2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped, or 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
2 teaspoons garam masala (an Indian spice mixture that you should be able to find in a bulk foods shop)
1 teaspoon honey
water, if needed

In a medium-sized saucepan, combine lentils, water, salt (optional), and bay leaf. Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer lentils for 30 minutes, or until they are just soft. Do not drain the lentils. Discard the bay leaf, and set lentils aside.
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan with a nonstick surface (but I have made it in a stainless steel pot before, and it did not stick badly), heat the oil briefly, and add the potatoes. Sprinkle them with turmeric, cayenne, salt (optional), and pepper. Cook potatoes, tossing them, over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, reserved lentils and their cooking liquid, garam masala, and honey to potatoes.
Cook stew over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes (well, in my experience, it takes a little longer, depending on the size of the potato pieces), or until potatoes are tender, stirring mixture from time to time and adding water if stew seems too dry.

And while we're on the subject of lentils...here is a wonderful Mexican lentil recipe which is very nice served over rice:

Lentils Ole! (There should be an accent over that 'e'!)

3 cups water
1 cup lentils (I generally use red lentils for this recipe, but green will work too)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 cup chopped scallions, including the green tops (but plain old onions will work if you don't happen to have scallions on hand)
1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper or celery
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed or 3/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 8-oz can tomato sauce (I usually end up using a little can of tomato paste and just adding water or vegetable broth to it to make it 8 ounces)
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses

In a large saucepan, bring water and lentils to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan, and simmer lentils for 25-30 minutes, or until lentils are tender but not mushy. Do not overcook lentils. (Note: I have overcooked the lentils before, and it's not the end of the world. )
While lentils cook, heat oil in a medium sized skillet, add garlic, scallions, green pepper or celery, cumin, and chili powder, and saute ingredients for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, and molasses, and simmer mixture for one minute.
When lentils are cooked, add vegetable mixture to lentils, and heat through before serving over rice.
Serves 4.

I just love both these recipes. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  1:43:32 PM  Show Profile
I have lots of veggie recipes from our farm here are a few
See some more of mine at http://www.recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/

Easy Tomato and Goats Cheese Slice
1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry 2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
16 oz grape tomatoes 1 teaspoon sugar
5 oz goats cheese, crumbled 2 Tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
1 Tablespoon shredded fresh basil leaves ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
Place pastry on greased oven tray, fold pastry edges in to make 1" border; pinch corners together. Heat oil in pan, add tomatoes and sugar, cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until tomatoes are shiny and skins begin to split; drain on absorbent paper. Spread combined goats cheese and basil over pastry base, top with tomatoes. Bake at 475F for about 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed and browned. Serve sprinkled with extra-basil and parmesan cheese flakes. Serves 4 to 6.

Tomato Basil Soup
4 cups tomatoes peeled, chopped and cored 8-10 fresh basil leaves
or 4 cups of canned whole tomatoes 4 cloves of garlic (pressed)
8-10 fresh basil leaves 1 cup heavy cream 1/2 stick of butter
4 cups of tomato juice or vegetable or chicken stock Combine tomatoes and stock/juice in a pot and simmer for 30 mins. Then in small batches ,puree in a blender, tomatoes garlic and basil leaves. Return to the pot and add butter and cream and heat

Tomato Pie
4 c chopped drained tomatoes 6-8 leaves basil
2-4 cloves garlic 1/3 c mayo
1 med shallot 1/2 c parm cheese
1 BAKED pie shell
combine ingred and pour into pie shell bake 20 mins at 350 top with more parm cheese and bake 10 more mins

Summer Spaghetti
6 medium to large tomatoes, cut into large chunks 1 small garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. minced shallot 1/2 medium onion, chopped
3 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh basil 3 to 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
6 to 8 Tbsp. olive oil Salt and black pepper to taste
Tabasco sauce to taste (optional) Drain off and discard any liquid from the tomatoes. Mix the tomatoes with all the remaining ingredients. Let the mixture stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Toss with hot pasta and top with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
or parmesan mix will fall off. Serve hot.

Greek Tomato Salad
2 –3 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half or 2 cups chopped tomatoes drained
½ cup of each of the following – green peppers, yellow peppers,red peppers 1 cup seeded cucumbers ½ cup red onion
Italian Dressing (enough to coat mixture) 1 cup Black olives
8-12 oz crumbled Feta Cheese Oregano and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients except cheese marinate in fridge several hours drain Then ADD Cheese and serve cold

Baked Tomatoes with Mozzarella and Basil

Preheat oven to 350° F. Wash the tomatoes and slice them in half, horizontally.
Place them in an oiled medium/large baking dish with the sliced side up and bake for 1/2 an hour. Remove from the oven and put a slice of mozzarella on each tomato half along with a drop of olive oil, basil, and some bread crumbs. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
These can be served hot or at room temperature.

Parmesan Pan Fried Tomatoes
1 cup white flour 1 Tbsp. Onion powder
2 tsp. Granulated garlic 1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black pepper, ground 1 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cups breadcrumbs 2 Eggs 12 slices Tomatoes, sliced 1/2" thick (3 tomatoes) 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. Olive oil Combine flour, onion powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well. In separate bowl combine and parmesan. In third bowl combine eggs and mustard. Take slices of tomato and dip in flour, dust off excess. Then dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Finally dip in parmesan mixture, pressing parmesan mixture onto slices for good coverage. Repeat until all slices are breaded. These should be stored in a single layer dusted lightly with extra crumbs. Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan, over medium-high heat. Place 3 slices in pan, and let cook about 1 ½ - 2 minutes on each side, until just golden brown. Don't flip too soon

Garlic Rubbed Bruschetta
1 thin loaf French bread (20 to 24 inches long) 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
Cut the bread sharply on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Lightly brush each side of the slices with olive oil (don't overdo it or the dripping oil will cause a fire).Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to medium-high .When ready to cook, arrange the bread slices on the hot grate and grill until nicely toasted on both sides, 1 to 3 minutes per side, turning with tongs. Don't turn your back on the grill for a minute — grilled bread burns quickly. Transfer the toast to a platter or wire rack. Rub each slice of toast on both sides with garlic. Serve hot or at room temperature

Black Bean Salad
3 fresh ears of corn cooked and cut off cob 3-4 tbs lime juice 2 tbs olive oil 1 tbs red wine vinegar 1 t salt ½ t pepper 2 large tomatoes seeded and chopped 1 small purple onion chopped 3 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped 2 cans black beans ¼ c chopped cilantro 1 t cumin Whisk together lime juice, oil, vinegar ,salt and pepper in large bowl. And other ingredients and toss to coat. Chill. serves 6-8

Garlic and Basil Cream Sauce over pasta
8 oz penne or other pasta 4 tbs. Butter 4 cloves garlic (minced or pressed) 1 cup light cream
10-12 basil leaves 1 med. shallot pepper and salt Freshly grated parmesan
Cook pasta. Melt butter in a small deep skillet. Add Garlic and shallots saute' 3 min. over low heat. pour in cream , basil , salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat covered but vented 7-10 min. until thickened. Pour sauce over pasta and add cheese

Garlic Roasted Potatoes
4 large baking potatoes 2 heads of garlic Butter or Olive Oil Salt & pepper parmesan cheese Parsley Bake potatoes and garlic at 400 for 45 mins or until done.
Cut the potatoes in fourths , Mix garlic ,salt, pepper with butter or olive oil brush on potatoes ( all sides) broil until lightly golden brown sprinkle with parsley and cheese and serve

Cornerstone Garlic Farm http://www.localharvest.org/listing.jsp?id=6792
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  2:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Garliclady, what wonderful recipes. Just copied and pasted the whole thing - great ideas for this next week's meals. Thanks so much.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  7:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Can't wait to try all these! Thanks a bunch!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Vegetarian recipes needed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page