Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Old, handmade wedding dress - small
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Old, handmade wedding dress - small Next Topic  

VeroKenney
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Veronica
Kent WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  4:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello. I have an old, 1930's handmade wedding dress that was just perfect for me 3 years ago. It is beautifully made out of absolutely gorgeous ivory satin with a long train. I haven't pulled it out of the box in a while, but it is wrapped in acid free paper, so I can't remember if there are any stains. But there were no problematic stains 3 years ago. I did not get married in it because I could not find anyone to make the small alterations for me (they didn't want to touch the dress since it was old).

I haven't had the heart to sell it (really, what would I ask for it?!), or give it away. I couldn't bear to see it cut up into a modern dress or anything else. I don't know of anyone who loves vintage in my size either. I think there are a few things that could be altered on it, but I love the style the way it is. It is just like my grandma's dress, but it is not my grandma's dress.

It is a small dress, for a woman sized around a 4 or 6, or smaller. And for small women, with vertical challenges (like me) - it is perfect for someone around 5 ft to 5ft and a few inches.

I want to see it go to someone who can either use it for a wedding, or a historical display - or well just use it! It's better used than hidden away. If you cut it up, don't ever tell me!

I can barter for it, or depending on the situation work out a deal with you. I just think it is going to waste in my closet, and if you can give it life and a good home I will gladly hand it over.

I can take photos (albeit wrinkled) if you want.

Thanks!

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  6:53:41 PM  Show Profile
Veronica....I would love it! Barter for it or cash? e-mail me please.

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Old, handmade wedding dress - small Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page