Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 The Passing of Mom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The Passing of Mom Next Topic
Page: of 2

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  7:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, loving, daughter, mother, sister, aunt, friend...

Here is to your mother a loving daughter, mother, sister, aunt, friend....
I send my loving and warmth thoughts to you and to your family.

Blessings to you all! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  8:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, so sorry for the loss of your mother. My Dad lost a battle with Leukemia many years ago, despite repeated rounds of chemo. You were blessed to have her until now and for her to have a loving daughter. My thoughts are with you.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  8:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, I am truly so sorry...I only wish we got to meet her, but I felt like we knew her a bit through you. In life, she was blessed to have a loving wonderful daughter and family, and I know you will feel her loss like none other. But, her suffering is over, and her body is now whole again.

I am thinking of you, and wishing you strength, and most of all, love.
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  4:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, I understand your loss and I'm sending you a prayer of Peace. May Jesus hold you close to His heart as you mourn the lose of your Mom. Just remember she is always with you.
Love, Linda (a rose)

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  9:21:35 PM  Show Profile
Lainey... My heart breaks for you, I dont look forward to the day, when I have to go through that....my mom is 71....
Love sent your way my Farmgirl Sis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #368

http://blogonthefarmandgarden.blogspot.com
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  08:11:41 AM  Show Profile
My heart goes out to you.
Ingrid

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  10:51:53 PM  Show Profile
Elaine, I'm sorry for the "void" you now have in your life, but you were truly blessed to have a woman who was so well thought of by you and your community as "your mother".
You are right, she will never have to suffer again I hope you can feel happy for her.
God Bless you and your family.
Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  06:49:21 AM  Show Profile
You are in my thoughts. Your mother sounds like a wonderful spirit. And she will live on as you carry her in your heart.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  12:16:27 PM  Show Profile
My farmgirl sisters,

Thank you so much for all those kinds words. I've read them all several times, you all mean so much to me. Kate, that poem was so special and it really comforts me. Mom's funeral was yesterday and the service was so beautiful. My cousin and I were just saying that it was one of the most touching we'd ever been to. It was focused around the hymn 'Count Your Blessings'. And one of the speakers there went through the times in Mom's life listing the things that Mom would have counted as blessings. There were more times of laughter and smiles than there were of tears during the service and that's just the way my Mom would have wanted it. She loved to laugh wanted others to join her.

Again, thank you all for your support and prayers. I will miss my sweet Mama, but her spirit lives on. Love you all.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  09:24:24 AM  Show Profile
I just found this thread, and please accept my sympathies for the loss of your mom. For you to count her as your best friend means she was a wonderful mother, and YOU were a great daughter. It takes two to make a great friendship and there is none better than a mom and daughter. Hoping your wonderful memories are what gets you through the sad times.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  7:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
elaine, just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers out to you and your family. your mom sounds very much like a sweetheart and i am so sorry for your loss. sending love and hugs to you from texas.

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  05:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Lainey,
The service/tribute to your Mama sounded lovely. Now my dear........breathe deeply. Every then and again we have to take care of OURSELVES, and I think this time in your life qualifies. Go with the flow of your soul......when you want to cry, then CRY. When you want to giggle about a funny memory, then GIGGLE. You have to do whatever gets you through this "let down" time. You know all your FarmGirl sisters are here for you.....and if you need to "let go on us"........then you do it.
Another thing is to let others know it's okay to talk about your Mama. People tend to not mention someones loved one who has passed.....I think because they don't know how the person at loss will feel or react.
Have a wonderful day.....and find comfort in all the sweet memories you have.
Ciao baby,
Kate

Heart of Texas
Chapter
AKA: Hot Farmgirl #234
http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  06:06:36 AM  Show Profile
dear lainey, just saw this thread...I too want to express my sympathy on the loss of your sweet mama. I am so sorry for her passing but she obviously raised a sweet daughter who loves her dearly. Kate is right, giggle when you need to, cry when you need to...I lost a very dear nephew/son a little less than 2 years ago and that is the only way I have kept it "together"..remembering the good times, missing him , and I still talk to him. I always will. He loved to blow bubbles...I still have a bottle and when I miss him the most, I carry it with me to the places we went together and I blow bubbles and giggle .....hugs to you and your family and prayers...
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  7:17:05 PM  Show Profile
Lainey - I am so sorry for your loss. I have not been on MJ's for a long time and am just catching up on things. My heart goes out to you.
Love you girl
Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  08:13:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lainey I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep you in my prayers.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  08:18:59 AM  Show Profile
>> Am sending Healing thoughts to you & your family <<

My God keep you in His arms in the days to come...

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  10:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks again everyone. Your words comfort and soothe me. Today is 2 weeks since she passed. I am missing her more than ever. Like I told my aunt it comes in waves, the sadness I mean. Then I try to think of something funny she did or something positive about her and it helps. I can almost feel her presence when that happens, trying to comfort me.

(((Hug)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'

Edited by - Lainey on Mar 24 2009 10:22:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  10:52:00 AM  Show Profile
Lainey, I am so sorry about the passing of your mother. The ones left behind are the ones who hurt. Your mom is pain free and I'm sure happy where she is. Believe and you will see when it's your time to pass over you will see her again. Then you will know why these things happen, but then you won't care why, you'll just be happy.
I do know the pain you feel is real, each day one less tear will fall and someday you will wonder how you made it without her but you will make it. I'll put you on my prayer list.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The Passing of Mom Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page