Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Lovers - Beautiful quilt photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Lovers - Beautiful quilt photos Next Topic  

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  11:45:12 AM  Show Profile
The Harrisburg, PA Farm Show Complex is host to the PA Relief Sale. This event auctions off beautiful works donated for the auction from generous and talented quilters. Since 1957, all sale day proceeds, nearly $11 million to date, benefit the worldwide relief efforts of Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) which include aid to the victims of poverty and other man-made and natural disasters. I have the advantage of living close to both the sale venue and the complex where the preview of the quilts is held which took place this weekend. I took some photos of my favorites from this year's show and thought some of you might be interested in viewing them, they are at the following link (everyone can see them, you don't have to have a facebook account):

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2009258&id=1054585585&l=de8a5

Enjoy!

www.createmyworld.etsy.com

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  3:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Those quilts are great. Thanks for showing us

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  5:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Beth, those quilts are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  12:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Fantastic! I've been starting to cut my all my fabrics into strips with the hopes of completing many log cabin and other strip-type quilts and pillows. Several really good ideas in these quilts!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  12:30:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing Beth. I especially like the double wedding ring on the 2nd row. Quite different from the ones I've seen. I love going to quilt shows and looking at the quilts, lucky you to be so close to this one!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Beth, the are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! And now I have connected your Maryjane "you" to your facebook "you"!!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Lovers - Beautiful quilt photos Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page