Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 I feel my dream within reach!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I feel my dream within reach! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  06:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My dream is to have my own horse breeding farm, starting with a very special filly. Her name is Tala and is a Straight Egyptian Arabian that I helped collect the semen from her father, and helped artificially inseminate her mother!

Unfortunatly, only a few months into her mother's pregnancy I had to quit working at the Horse Ranch so I missed a lot of the time with her and missed the birth of Tala. But I got an even better prize- I gave birth too! To Nora!

So my dream soon started to include having sweet, loving Tala as my foundation mare. Not too long ago it looked like I was going to have to put my dream on hold-possibly for a very very long time.

Recently my husband has started being more supportive of my dream. But still, the dream was unattainable as the finances just weren't there.

BUT- We are moving and even though we didn't get the duplex that had a horse pasture in the back yard, things are looking up for us.

I called around to different stables and found one that would be affordable AND the lady even said she would trade labor for a reduction in cost! I am hoping to be able to take over enough of the chores to get free board.

I ALSO found out that there is monthly Halther competitions at a local barn- which would be great because Tala is bred from Halter Champions and my riding skills are not up to showing level yet (I haven't ridden in years!). Not to mention this would be the year that I would start training Tala under saddle. By the time this summer rolls around and Tala is 2.5 I can start upping her traing from just groundwork.

I don't want to ride her just yet as I am about 50lbs over weight and I don't want to strain her, but if I can lose some weight, I might be able to put her under saddle as early as August!

So things are really looking amazing right now! I am just praying that this all works out!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Alpaca Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Katy
Fairhope AL
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  07:09:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,
Sounds like things are really looking up. Congratulations on your daughter and I hope that you are able to get Tala real soon!

Best of Luck!
Katy

Visit me at www.alpacafarmgirl.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  07:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Katy! I have a meeting with the owner of the property where I would board her tomorrow. So I will know whether it will work or not by tomorrow! If working for her doesn't work out, then we might have to re think it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  08:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Alee you have had this dream on hold for quite awhile. I am glad that is is getting closer and closer. Good luck. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Marybeth! My heart is just about to burst with the anticipation!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  09:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Alee- I think you are perfect example of never giving up on what you TRULY want in life...no matter how it may seem to your or others to obtain. I am so excite for you!!! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

twzlrwho
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

christina
dewitt va
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  09:47:54 AM  Show Profile
Good Luck! :)

Christina

Work like you don't have to, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody is watching :)
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  5:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Hold on tight to your dream--you give me hope that someday I'll have my own alpaca farm--it sounds like Tala will be a great foundation mare.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  5:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I am hoping things work out for you. And I hope you have good news to share tomorrow. Sounds like a good dream to have and the horse sounds like a good one to start with, too.

Got any pictures of her?

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  7:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kristin!

This is Tala when she was 3 months old. She is now almost 2! But she was completely unhaltered in a 2 acre meadow with only partial fencing in this photo! She is so sweet and loves being around people!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

miraclewelsh
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Samantha
Northern Wisconsin
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  8:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm very excited for you! I hope that everything works out beautifully. Keep us posted!

Miracle Welsh Mountain Ponies

http://www.miraclewelsh.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  8:16:13 PM  Show Profile
This is such great news! Are arabians one of those that hold up well to starting under saddle at that age? Must be. You know so much about them. I still have to wait until my yearling is 3 before he has enough growth to move on from manners and groundwork. Very cool Alee! Crossing my fingers for your dream.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  7:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Michelle- Arabians are also slow to mature, however in late fall she will be 2.5 and I can start doing some very short saddle exercises- more just getting her used to me mounting and unmounting and making sure she under stands that ground manners translate into saddle manners. By the time mid winter rolls around she will be almost three and will be much more desensitized to me messing around on her from the saddle. Also if I can get myself into shape, being a petite woman I would put A LOT less stress on her than say a man so she should be ready for very very short in door exercises and walking a lot in the indoor areana. By the time the snow melts next year she we should be able to do more work under saddle and get some of the green rubbed out! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  07:57:01 AM  Show Profile
Alee, she is a beauty. I bet even more beautiful now. I love the face of Arabians. Lots of work ahead for you both.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  11:26:36 PM  Show Profile
Alee, so you didn't say for sure, but it sounds like your dream is a "GO"? Congratulations! You see, there was a reason you didn't get that duplex, other things were in store for you.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

PennyG
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Penny
Ontario
Canada
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  05:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Awww, what a beauty!!

Gardening is Great Therapy~!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  9:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cindy- Actually if I had gotten the duplex it would have saved us about $265 a month plus gas because instead of boarding her, she would have been on the property. But oh well. I guess getting a job this summer won't kill me! ;)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I feel my dream within reach! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page