Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Another auction cabinet-bad Miss Bee!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Another auction cabinet-bad Miss Bee! Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  06:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
This is why my name is such a good one for me. I just misbehave all the time! About two weeks ago, I bought another old cabinet. Good ole dh got paged and had to leave the premises minutes before this came up! But I'm keeping this one. Someone suggested using it in the bathroom with towels, etc. I sort of think it would look good with my Jadite dishes in there. The shelves have a little ridge so plates could be stood up.

Then I went junking and bought these two twin size hand sewn comforters:

I had to put them in the antique mall to placate the dh. It's hard to keep nice things like that b/c we have too many animals who like to sleep on beds!
There's another auction this Saturday I'm planning to check out. Really, Nancy Jo, you need to stop me! Or come down here and go with me so I won't have to hear the dh in my ear saying: "Stop, Stop!"....

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  06:44:46 AM  Show Profile
Gorgeous things, Janice. Beautiful cabinet and I love the bedding. You sure hit the jackpot!

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  07:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey girl as soon as things run down around here and my ribs get better I am going with you

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  07:17:18 AM  Show Profile
Janice, I'm the last one you would want to have with you to say "STOP". Not to good at that. I'm afraid if I was with you we would have to call your DH to come with the BIG truck!
Great cupboard, now go get your quilt back from the mall, whats the matter with you.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  07:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I know, Nancy Jo. I really like the coverlets(there are two of them). But my dogs are misbehavin dogs, just like me. They just won't stay off the beds. And there are five of them, so they outnumber me. :(

And I like the BIG truck idea! I try to get him to take a dolly with us every time, but he just keeps on being in denial and thinking/hoping we'll come home empty handed.....HAHAHAHA How can he have spent the past 25 years with me and not get it?????

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  07:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL! You know I had never though of your name as "MisBeHavin'" That is too funny!

If you start feeling too guilty about your purchases- I am sure I could find a place for them at my house! *wink wink*

It's a gorgeous buy! I think you had too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  08:34:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh auctions are such fun! They are just starting for us here.. warmer weather= AUCTIONS YIPEE!!

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  08:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
That's it!! I am moving to Kentucky for sure!! You find the best stuff. I NEVER am so lucky. : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  08:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Yep, Heather. Come on down! Between me and Wilma, we'll fix you right up! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  09:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OHHHH!!! Thank goodness I have a truck!!! HA!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  11:28:57 AM  Show Profile
I can load it right up Heather

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  11:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Now that's my way of thinking!!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  3:53:19 PM  Show Profile
I have something sinilar that I have in my bathroom. I'll post a picture as soon as I can find one. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  4:14:13 PM  Show Profile
Those are really nice finds! The cabinet would display your Jadite beautifully....the green would be striking against the white. That's a good functional piece that you could use for a lot of things!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  8:13:47 PM  Show Profile
I love the cabinet! How pretty! I need to get a nice cabinet for my future home lol!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  08:59:14 AM  Show Profile
I am with Heather! I am moving to Kentucky! I live in east texas and all I can find around here is that heavy, victorian stuff or the 50's style.
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  09:08:42 AM  Show Profile
Janice - I love that cabinet - and the comforters. If I had moved to KY, I would have wanted to go treasure hunting with you all of the time. Then we would have 2 husbands wondering what we were up to!~ I brought some treasures home on Tuesday that will go in my Garden Room Events. Before my husband saw the table that was in the truck, I had to break the news gently and also give him the positives about it!

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
www.forresterfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  10:04:36 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful things you found! I bet those coverlets are from the 1976 bi-centennial. I remember seeing those type of things back then, and if they are, that means they are over 30 years old. Love the cabinet. The back shows its age. Good finds! And it is always so fun that you show us photos.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  12:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Love that cabinet! It would look great in the bathroom or kitchen. What a nice find!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  2:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Marybeth-please show a pic of your cabinet in the bathroom. I'd really love to see what this one might look like in the bathroom.

There are some really cool kitchen cabinets in the auction this Saturday.....so if I use this one in the bathroom, maybe I could fit another one in the kitchen... or the antique mall...or maybe, some of you girls need to really move here and go to these auctions with me instead of the dh! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  7:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Now girl you know I would love to go junking again with you and Miss Wilma. That was so amazing last time. I still fondle and hold my finds and remember all the fun I had with you two and being back there.

Janice, that is a great cabinet and will look so great in your farmhouse. I like the idea of putting your Jadeite in it. That would be stunning, but if you find a couple more and take them home, you could use them in the bathroom. Just remember you have hmmmm your lovely mobile there and your farmhouse, plenty of places to put treasures!!!!!!! Grin.

Miss ya girl!!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  09:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see photos of it in your new home! What a great project you have going - a lifestyle project :)!

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
www.forresterfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:55:51 PM  Show Profile
Between you and Nancy-Jo I'm not sure which one of you get better items I love love to thrift with both of you anyday. Very cool items
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  04:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Today would be auction day, Diane. And I'd love to have you go with me. You just never know what you may find lurking under a table or in a box of 'stuff'. Today's auction is in a church activity center building and the cool church ladies fix homemade pies to sell(yum). ;) The pies kind of placate the dh-lol!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  05:40:11 AM  Show Profile
Good luck at your auction, One summer I went with my girlfriend and we got a lot of great buys. I think I'll have to remind her and go someday it was lots of fun and I have a truck.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Another auction cabinet-bad Miss Bee! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page