Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Looking for handcrafted jewelry to barter for
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking for handcrafted jewelry to barter for Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  2:28:21 PM  Show Profile
Any of you 'gals' make jewelry or have an etsy jewelry site?

Let me know I would like to barter for some earrings

Ye haw!

Melody

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  6:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melody
I make jewelry from Polymer clay... I don't have any earrings on my etsy site, but I certainly could make up a pair especially for you... my etsy site is as follows in my signature... if you're interested in having me make something for you, send me an email! Thanks!

www.createmyworld.etsy.com

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  8:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Beth....your stuff is awesome!!

I just purchased a pendant and earrings. Can't wait to get them.

For future reference, because I would love to purchase more jewelry....I am a true blue person. Any blues...all blues. I love being near the water and incorporate blues in almost everything I wear.

Thanks Beth!

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  8:15:14 PM  Show Profile
Beth, your items are wonderful. You do a great job and your creativety shows..love your "stuff".

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  06:42:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls!
And thanks, Melody, for your order! I just sent you an email. I am planning to make up some new items very soon, I have a few more already made pendants to make up into necklaces, as soon as they are completed I'll be making new items and if I know that you are interested in earrings, I'll be sure to do some sets. I love the way the blues turn out, so there will be sure to be quite a few blue options.

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  12:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Lisa (tribalcime) makes beautiful jewlery too. Check out her blog.

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  2:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I was going to recommend Lisa too, she has lots of lovely jewelry on her barter site.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  3:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Melody- My mom makes Dichroic glass jewelry. Check it out at www.awarmheart.com/heritagedesigns
What is on there is just a tiny sampling. I am rebuilding the site so I need to get some pictures put up.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  4:34:48 PM  Show Profile
Alee, Is that "fused" glass? I just love that stuff. When we were vacationing in South Dakota a few years ago we stopped at a little Swedish Gift Shop and I bought an earring and necklace set from Sweden. My absolute favorite set!

Thanks for the information...
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  4:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I tried to leave a comment, but couldn't. I really, really like #25 of the Heritage Designs. No price listed though....

Get back to me when you can. Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  8:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Melody!

I called mom and that piece is $15 plus about $2 shipping and handling. It is fused glass. The blue diamond is iradized glass and the smaller square is Dichroic glass (with Hexagons which is totally Farmgirl!) It comes with a black cord as well. If you would like it- it is yours!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  8:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Alee,

I'd love it! Tell me where to send the check. It's beautiful!

Thanks Alee!

Edited by - melody on Mar 02 2009 8:07:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  9:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sending you an email!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  02:40:31 AM  Show Profile
HI alee! LOVE Sages' website. Her work is beautiful and you did a great job on the website ;) tell your mom I said HI !!!!

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com and www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  02:42:31 AM  Show Profile
I Love Beth's work . I have one of her blue ..wire wrapped poly stars and I get more comments on it. I love to see all the wonderful items the gals here make.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com and www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  4:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lisa (tribalcime), I'm glad you like the star pin. :0) Lisa, don't you have an etsy site too? (I thought you did... but am not certain).

Melody, Lisa does jewelry too (as mentioned by others above) she's always busy creating something unique and creative, her goddess women and retro-women necklaces are items that I especially like.... Melody, your jewelry went out in the post today... I'll send you an email to let you know too...

Alee, the site you did looks great. I'm green with envy that your mom is doing glass fusing work, that is the next craft on my "want to learn/do list" (there's many but that's at the top!)... saving up for my kiln! :0) keep up the great work!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  4:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies!

I still have LOADS of work to do on Mom's site. The pictures will get bigger, there will be a description, price and purchase button for each and then there will also be a price guide as well. So let's say you only have $15 to spend, you will be able to look at the price guide and see there are say 5 pieces that are $15 or below. That way you can jump right to them instead of having to search through all the pieces.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  6:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message

quote:
Originally posted by melody

Alee, I tried to leave a comment, but couldn't. I really, really like #25 of the Heritage Designs. No price listed though....

Get back to me when you can. Thanks!!

Hi Melody- Thanks for letting me know about the comment feature not working. I got it fixed tonight!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  01:57:03 AM  Show Profile
hi beth :) I just use my barterblog page now instead of etsy . I can put paypal buttons on it and delete stuff when it trades and it has worked out better for me. I still occasionally shop on esty and I love to browse thru it. Alee...The price feature will be great on Sage's site.

Edited by - tribalcime on Mar 04 2009 07:43:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  07:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Lisa! Yes, when I transfered site hosts it was a great opportunity to update everything.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  2:50:55 PM  Show Profile
Create My World Designs

Beth....The set is BEAUTIFUL! and the sweet little Heart pin. I love it!! What craftsman (woman) ship ! Very well done and unique.....

It came this afternoon and I can hardly wait to wear the necklace and earring set. I want to leave a comment on your Etsy site, but am still trying to figure that one out!

Thanks again...I will check out your site for new treasures soon!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  5:08:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Melody, I'm so glad you are happy with everything!

I had to hunt to find the feedback on there, for some reason it doesn't have a link directly from the sale page....to leave feedback on etsy, you have to first log in, then at the top of the page, where it says "Buy, Sell, Custom... etc." the last tab is "Your Etsy"... click on "Your Etsy"... you will then get a page with a tab column on the left and the 2nd tab says +/- feedback, if you click on that it should take you to the place where you can leave feedback.
I've only 2 more necklaces left out of the last batch to list on there (I'm trying to space them out over the next 3 days...) and then hopefully before next week I'll have some time in my studio to make up some brand new items to get on the site by next week.

I have 3 other necklaces set aside which I hope to list here on MJF as barter items... hoping to get to that sometime this week too... : )

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking for handcrafted jewelry to barter for Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page