mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  3:43:07 PM  Show Profile
I have REALLY high blood pressure and I'm just looking for any suggestions you might have for helps. The doc put me on meds and told me to lose weight, but d0 any of you know of anything else that helps? It's kinda scary!

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  9:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
ME too!! Gee, maybe a hig blood pressure support group is in order! I have NEVER had high blood pressure before, it has always been VERY low...
Walking / excersie and losing weight seem to be the key things to do to start.Avoid caffeine.

anybody else want to weigh in with natural solutions?
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  9:49:11 PM  Show Profile
Anyone know of any good books to read on natural support for lowering your blood pressure?
Go to Top of Page

jenny louise
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

jennifer
cass city MI
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2006 :  07:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I also have high blood pressure and have been utilizing natural remedies since i was allergic to the meds the doc put me on. I have gone off of them and have kept my b.p. down in the borderline area, but am working on getting it into the norms.
There are so many things that can contribute to hi b.p. and I am sure that you are aware of most of them. Over wieght, not enough exercise, smoking, and sodium. But also, candidiasis, or yeast infection is a contributor as well, and that is something that is very prevalent in our society of bad foods. Sugar is a leading culprit there and it all just snowballs.
I am taking horsetail, which builds the kidney function, am on a no-sugar diet, also take garlic, a good multi-vitamin, calcium and magnesium are important. And my alternative health expert told me to go on CoQ-10, which I will pick up this week. Flaxseed oil is also helpful and make sure you get your vitamin C.
A wonderful book that i refer to often is Prescription for Nutritional Healing. It has helped me so often in my search for optimum health, and my husband lowered his cholesterol naturally instead of with the drugs the doc wanted him on.
I hope that this helps a little, and look up the symptoms of candidiasis...I was shocked that I had so many of them, but didn't have an actual 'yeast infection' as we know it. Some of them are, high blood pressure, lack of energy, forgetfullness, iritability, altered bowel function, gas, bladder infections, menstual complaints, depression, inability to concentrate, allergies, low immune function, eczema, psoriasis, IBM, craving for carbs...
It takes work to do this naturally, as I am sure you know. We are so sonditioned to take a pill and get on with life, but I think that is just masking the symptoms and not dealing with the real issue.
I am also looking into aromatherapy...can't jurt!
Jenny in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2006 :  7:40:14 PM  Show Profile
This may not work for everyone, but it seems that some people get their blood pressure down by eliminating salt and sodium high foods from their diets. I dont' have high blood pressure but there are a few in my family that do and the salt thing seems to work for some of them.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  04:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Eliminating as much salt out of your food, water, water, water, exercise, relaxation. These have all helped me. Lifestyle contributes to mine 100% so I am making these changes slowly. I am getting organized to a point where I can have a simple life ie: NO STRESS, NO HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!!! I am learning to breath when I get in a situation that might drive up the ole pressure and water and diet seems to have helped. Small changes equal big results!!!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  04:53:19 AM  Show Profile
I too had high blood pressure at my annual checkup last year, and of course the doc wanted to put me on meds, I said no, I'd do it on my own. Seems everyone has gone to the doctor and had high BP at some point, just the anxious waiting can make it rise, if you had caffine before your visit, etc. So, give it a month before starting meds. Try it on your own, cut back on salt, caffine, exerise, check into natural cures. I take garlic everyday, good for high BP so I just uped my intake and cut back on salt and a month later I was normal again. Just something to think about, stress can rise it too, so if you have to, go into the doc all relaxed and ask for another reading.

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  5:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the tips everyone. I read with great interest because I just found out that my BP is up, too, and it does make me nervous. I'm working on the weight issue, but have to try harder to get the exercise scheduled into my day. I have not been paying attention to my salt intake, but will be more aware of it from now on. It sounds like several of you have had good results by doing just that. And I didn't realize that caffiene played such a role in BP - I type this as I sit here drinking a diet Pepsi. Jezzzzz... This is the first time I have had any, what I would consider, major health concerns or issues, as a result of being overweight - and it definitely is a wake-up call.

Not that I didn't know my heaviness could have this effect, I guess it's like with most things, I thought I had more time to get with the program and change the course before it caught up with me. Guess not, because as of yesterday - it's here! My chiropracter is the one who took my pressure, so I don't have a regular doctor pressuring me into medicines, which I don't want to take. My view on it is this; it's a situation I created for myself that is reversible and I have the ability to make a difference for myself and my family; I don't want medication to cover up what really needs to be done, which is take better care of myself. Medicines are there for a reason and I don't disregard them, but let them take their turn when it is absolutely necessary for them. Just my 2 cents worth.

Well, good luck to you, Sherri and many blessings to you as you work to find a way to reverse the high BP. Please keep us updated as to what is working and what does not. We will all be able to benefit and learn from you. Thanks for being open and honest about your health concerns. A BP support group is probably not a bad idea, Diane.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Blood Pressure Help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page