jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  9:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Earlier today I posted under family matters about an email I received about gun ownership issues. It seems to have disappeared. I know we are not supposed to get into political arguments and all, but that was not my intent. If that is the reason it was pulled. I just wanted to get the word out to as many people as possible. The first thing that comes to mind when I want to get the word out is to tell the gals at MJF. Well I am totally disappointed. I am not trying to force my views. I know that a lot of the gals hunt or their husbands hunt and I thought they should know. So where did my post go?

Toodles,
Becky

WOOOOHOOO!
Farmgirl #429
Gonna get cracking on those badges:D

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  05:18:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Becky,
Some of the claims in the email or long news alert that you posted were very inflammatory. Even if it had been in your words (rather than pulled from the internet), we would have watched it closely. Gun laws are a hot trigger. There are other forums, like the place where you pulled the material????, for such heated, devisive discussions. Perhaps next time, you can just send people to another site where the topic is being debated. Ours isn't the place for it. Trust me, it ALWAYS turns out badly and feelings get hurt.

Say hello to Oroville for us!

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  12:53:03 PM  Show Profile
Now I know. As long as there is nothing in a post that pertains to the freedom that we have to post, it is ok to have it on this sight. Bu,t if it speaks of actual issues it is forbidden. I just wanted to pass it along so the gals know. Not start a debate. I will be posting elsewhere.

Toodles,
Becky

WOOOOHOOO!
Farmgirl #429
Gonna get cracking on those badges:D
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  1:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello Becky.
Your reply is a perfect example of how these topics go south - because people are very passionate about issues like this on both sides of the fence, any discussion at all seems to spark a raft of hurt feelings. There are tons of "actual issues" on our site, but we have learned from experience not to allow topics about political views and religion - they're just too much of a hot button for many folks. We've explained this many times on our forum, and this issue is covered in detail in the "Forum Decorum" topic under the Welcome Wagon section that all members should read when joining our forum. We hope you'll take a minute to read that and to understand our position.

Thank you,
Carol
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic got a ? for you Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page