junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:31:45 PM  Show Profile
Well, today I got my last issue of 'Country Home', never to be in publication again. It's over.... Now it's being replaced (my remaining subscription) with Ladies' Home Journal. Ugh! I'm holding onto all my remaining copies of Country Home and never letting go! It was one of my most favorite magazines.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:57:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh your kidding!!

I love that magazine and have kept several issues in the past.

so sad.....

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  11:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I'm with you! I loved that magazine also. I won't be happy with the LHJ.
Sharing your misery,
Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  06:46:24 AM  Show Profile
sniffle sniffle...they are finishing my subscription with better homes and gardens...wahhh :(

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  06:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Me too, Judy. I'm pretty angry about the Ladies Home Journal thing. I'm going to try to get them to send me BH&G instead. So many magazines are tanking...Cottage Living, Hallmark, Country Home.....I need my magazines!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  06:55:12 AM  Show Profile
I let my subscription lapse, and I guess now that's a good thing. I would hate to get BH&G instead. I've been watching for the March issue of CH at the stores, but haven't seen it yet. I hope it will still be distributed.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  07:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I got that too.......I complained the rest of the night to family. I'm so sad. This is the 7th YES 7th magazine I've subscribed to and it's gone under. I hope someone takes over the subscriptions!!!!! But it won't be the same!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  08:39:13 AM  Show Profile
I too am morning the loss of a wonderful magazine. I have gotten many ideas for county living and decorating out of this magazine. Funny that my husband mistaken the order form a few years ago for Country Living and thought he was doing me a favor in ordering an additional year subscription. I told him his thought was appreciated but he reordered the wrong one. Oh, how I have enjoyed it though. I am getting Better Homes and Gardens as my replacement. I really don't think this magazine has my type of personality covered in its pages. More of a city busy type of mag. I like the simple way of life and the romance of the past.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  08:59:53 AM  Show Profile
WOW! How did that happen? I love Country Home. Much better than Country Living. Sad!

Handmade Soap and More! http://www.therusticcottagebath.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FiddleChick
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  09:08:03 AM  Show Profile
ME Home Companion went under too. :^( And they replaced my sub with Martha Stewart. No offense, but no thanks.

Siúil A Rúin: "Singing for someone's supper . . ." www.tradlassie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  09:20:30 AM  Show Profile
I got the same note, too! Only I am getting Family Cirle. Too bad. I really loved the magazine.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  09:28:26 AM  Show Profile
Marcy,
My aunt just called and said she was getting family circle too. Did you have to do anything or will it just come to you? She didn't know what to do.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  10:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I don't like BH&G.....blah I forgot about that. I placed it out of my mind. ick.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  10:01:43 AM  Show Profile
And Cottage Living is gone, too! It was another favorite of mine.....and they sent me Southern Living when I was already getting one! Gr.... So anyway, I got a postcard telling me to call if I did not want Soutern Living, which I did, and they sent it anyway. I sure am glad MJF's magazine is not going away!

Hilarious though....when you call, there is still the option to push #3 for getting a subscription started! What?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Feb 26 2009 10:03:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  10:07:04 AM  Show Profile
I just read where Hallmark magazine was going out of print also. It's sad that our economy is in such disarray. Makes me want to say words that I'm not supposed to!

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  10:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Why not a country style magazine to replace it?!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  10:27:22 AM  Show Profile
add Mary Englebrite (sp) to the list.....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  4:43:51 PM  Show Profile
I'd rather get BH&G instead of LHJ, but I really don't like either one. I've never bought those magazines on my own...just don't interest me. I a total magazine freak, and most of my favorites are gone. I've always looked forward to getting the issues in the mail, then getting myself comfortable, and settling down for a good read and eye candy. The last issue of Country Home seemed especially good to me...loved everything it featured, but that's probably due to the bittersweet feeling that this it it. It's like when you are eating a delicious piece of cake, and enjoying every bite...then save the best bite for last...ya know, the one with the most icing, then savoring it. I do subscribe (though pricey!) the UK version of Country Living, which is so much better than the US version. The photos are gorgeous, there aren't a ton of ads....even the paper is better quality. The articles and homes are lovely!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  6:00:45 PM  Show Profile
I got my last one yesterday. Sadness. What is funny though, is that I got Country Home with a free subscription online somewhere about a year ago. They sent me a renewal, which I did not do, and I still receive the magazine! It says that it will not expire until 2010 on the mailing label, so that means I will be getting Better Homes and Gardens until then. Bleah. Good night above! No matter what I do, they will not cancel this subscription for me. Maybe that's why they had to stop publishing. lol

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  06:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy,

As far as I know, it is going to be automatically sent to us. I would much rather have the Counry Home magazine, but at least they are making good on the remainder of our subscriptions.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  07:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Last night after dinner, we went to books-a-million and I bought three country type magazines, thinking that from now on I will just buy once in awhile instead of messing with subscriptions. I bought Cottages & Bungalows feb/march, Country Home april (yes!), and Early Homes put out by Old House Interiors. I wanted to see if I could get some of these before they are gone forever. :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  2:11:17 PM  Show Profile
felt the same way when i heard about cottage living..they sent me sunset...which i already get...really sad to see what is happening with magazines and newspapers these days...

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.com

please visit my blog
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

farmgirl sister #179

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic So sad....... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly