Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Clothes!!! I have had enough....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Clothes!!! I have had enough.... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  11:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
When it comes to clothing, I admit, I have a closet bulging at the seams. I finally pulled EVERYTHING out and decided I have had enough- enough of things not fitting, enough of the wrong color, enough of the wrong style, not looking right after getting on, etc.

My personal Shero for dressing is/was the great Katharine Hepburn. Basics tops with basic pants and sensible shoes. Now, I have to have my own spin on it, with cowgirl boots and flip flops, but honestly, I filled a whole bin with things I will never wear. I stare at all this stuff everyday and never wear half of it.

I do need to find some longer, button down shirts for the colder days, but for the most part, I am down to:

1. 8 cute dresses- with 2 buttond down sweaters.
2. 10 short sleeve button down shirts- mostly cowgirl styling to them
3. 10 pair of jeans
4. 5 pairs of shorts- I want to add 4 more pair, since I wear these A LOT here in the hot weather.
5. 12 tank tops
6. 4 workout outfits- I put an old t-shirt and bottom together.
7. Round the house clothing- I keep 2 ratty t-shirts and 2 bottoms- for painting, cleaning, moving, etc..dirty work.
8. Cowgirl boots, 3 pairs of flip flops, 1 pair of Crocs, 1 pair sneakers, 1 pair ballet flats, 1 pair pumps, 1 pair slippers. I want to get one casual sandle, something sturdier than a flip flop.
9. Work clothes- still editing the weird colors out. I am sticking with black, grey, pink, white. I have some many mis-matched pieces that go with nothing that I am really being strict here.
10. One belt, 2 belt buckles, 1 cowgirl hat, 1 bucket hat, 2 purses, 2 duffle bags and 3 market bags for groceries, 1 umbrella, 2 dressy scarves. 4 bathing suits- 1 to exercise/swim, 3 to live in : ), 10 pairs of undies, 10 bras, 4 workout bras, 6 pair of workout socks, 5 pair of everyday socks, 4 pairs of nylons.
11. One Columbia convertible winter jacket, 1 shorter black jacket with hood, 1 jean jacket, 2 fleece pull overs.

After going through all my clothes, they all fit into one small area. I am so excited!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  12:16:28 PM  Show Profile
And Heather - you still have 5 times as many clothes as I have! No kidding - literally!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  12:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
HA!! I know, it is bad Sherri and I am working on that!! HA!! As I wear out stuff, I am not replacing it unless I absolutely have to.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  12:29:49 PM  Show Profile
I need to go the other direction. I have two pairs of jeans, which I wear alternately day in and day out - and both of them have holes in them. But I absolutely hate clothes shopping, so I will wait until I have nothing at all before I go!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  1:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am like Sherri! My mom gives me things because I come to visit her looking like a ragamuffin (and cause she loves me) I HATE clothes shopping mostly because I want to be about 3 sizes smaller!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  4:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Heather! You go girl! I wish I could clean out mine too. I'm on the way. I have quite a few "nice" work clothes that I am NEVER going to use again. I've decided at my age....why bother. I no longer feel the need to fit into a "suit" any more. I keep my black jacket at school, just in case but the green, purple, brown ones have to go! I keep "wishing" that I could fit into some of them though...therefore they keep hanging around. :-(
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  4:49:36 PM  Show Profile
When I retired, I said I was not going to wear anything but t-shirts, sweat shirts and jeans. I had dressed "to the hilt" for years. I just went in and counted my t-shirts. I have 31. That is just the short sleeved ones. I'm not going to count anything else. BUT, all my cloths fit and I like them all. I do have a couple of things that I could wear to a wedding or funeral. Other than that, t-shirts and jeans. In fact the last 2 funerals I went to were winter and grave side. I wore jeans sweat shirt heavy coat, stocking cap and brown jersey gloves.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:02:13 PM  Show Profile
I have shopped like a crazy person for many years. I love the thrift stores. I go in and I cant seem to come out without something. Its not like I need anything. We moved into a smaller house and my DH and I share a closet and I have a small one in a spare room..I am wishing to loose weight. But the last time I was at the doctors...(october) I was in really good health. except for my gallstones...So maybe I should get rid of some of the cloths I cant wear. Except for the jeans of course. I work as an Instructor at a Cosmetology School. So I have to look somewhat fashionable. But I have never been the one to dress toward trends. Just comfort. I dont keep up with the *joneses*....My daughter will be comeing with our granddaughters for spring break...I know she will help me get rid of things. She didnt get the packrat gene from me...

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Looks like we all have either too many clothes, or not enough. I'm in the latter category. I have 2 pairs of pants I wear to work, one of which is threatening to disintegrate. I decided the other day I needed to increase my wardrobe but can't stomach the prices for decent clothes and the ones they sell at Walmart are junk. I used to be able to get some decent outfits there but now it's all made in China and fits horrible, is made of inferior fabric and isn't all that cheap anymore. That's how I got down to only 2 pairs of pants, haven't bought anything in years. DH definitely can't call me a clothes horse!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  10:22:56 AM  Show Profile
Ohh I hate clothes!! We have five children and my husband and myself and WAY too many clothes. I am working on getting rid of what I don't wear. I think that I have more that I don't wear than I wear, you know I think that I will loose a few pounds and it will fit.. Ha not gonna happen I just need to PURGE. Four of the five children are girls and they think that they have to have 40 matching outfits with all accessories and such. We are all cramed in a house with three closets and they are packed. When I do get something out of the closet to wear it is all wrinkled. I am ready to pull everything out and go through it peice by peice. It just gets overwhelming!

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  8:18:49 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, My Daughter and my 2 granddaughters are coming to live with us after school is over (may 20)..I have to get rid of things i cant wear or havent worn in a while to make room for them. It is going to be tight for us for a while. But inthe end it will be worth it
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  8:44:42 PM  Show Profile
I admit I'm addicted to clothes, shoes, and purses. I have lots of designer stuff...(thanks to thrift stores and knowing labels!) It's like I collect great things to wear just to look at them in the closet. My standard "uniform" in Washington is a pair of jeans..usually Levys and a white t-shirt (I can soak it in a little bleach water and away I go!) Now my purses I do exchange depending on what color of sweatshirt I plan on wearing that day!!!!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  9:18:28 PM  Show Profile
I haven't worn "regular" clothes since October because of the pregnancy, but I am a total realist when it comes to my closets and keeping or purging. I usually do it in the Spring and in the Autumn because I buy a lot of thrift clothes and it's easier to get rid of things that you only pay .50 for :) I do have several evening dresses that don't get a lot of use, that I've had to buy for formal occasions like Bar Association dances, black tie weddings, etc...and I love them...but you know what? They're all black, or black with some sort of lace accent. So, I have a lot of formal black dresses :) One day I'll wear them....

But, my mom....gah, she's a crazy fashionista. It's a hording thing, though, I think,leftover from a childhood where she didn't have much. She buys and buys, all on clearance, and all adorable things. She's super tiny, so she gets great deals on clearance, plus her Kohl's discount. She has 3 double closets full of clothes, shoes and purses, most of which still have tags on them because they're "too good" to wear!!!
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  03:14:14 AM  Show Profile
I've planned to purge the closets this weekend and donate to goodwill. D Step S is here this weekend, so I'm goin to have him go through his things too and we will take all the clothes and things together to goodwill. He likes those tasks. He does like being helpful.....though sometimes it is hard to tell. :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  7:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I really don't have a lot of clothes, since I was a house painter for many years my wardrobe consisted of work clothes. I still do not have many dress clothes and got rid of the majority of them recently as I had not worn them in years. Had to do away with other stuff I just kept wearing on special occasions because I did that for years, never adding anything new. I wore a school uniform growing up and I guess I really never cared about clothes. Now days I wear mostly the same clothes all the time. Cleaned, of course, ha! But I got in a habit of wearing sweats and pretty soon I could not wear the jeans I had so I really can't wear anything I have. I gained twenty lbs in the last two months. Had some medical tests and found out I have several hormone problems so hope the meds will help some of this as I don't really eat much. I had the big expensive hormone test so I had better see results...lol I think I will go get rid of those painter pants and some other paint clothes, as I really don't need those. I love to paint and when I do I don't wear 'whites' anymore anyway. Off to clear out the bedroom drawers.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  09:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I was just amazed to find so many 'whites' in my drawers! What was I saving them for....I retired over 3 yrs ago! And add to that the pile of 'painted' shirts....I just couldn't believe it. I tore all the t shirt backs up for rags (love cotton rags) and some stuff is going to Goodwill and the rest is history. On to clean out some drawers, guess I am joining Nancy Jo in early spring cleaning! lol

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  3:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I need to go through it all. Good idea:) Good job! xo

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Clothes!!! I have had enough.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page