Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  10:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Petersons Ladies Book from 1868 - it's similar to Gody's it has needlework patterns, stories, dressmaking etc. all bound in a hard back book about two and a half inches thick. It was a gift from a dear friend who was a Civil War reinactor who passed away a few years back. He was the personification of a Union Sgt. Major and we did a couple of history presentations at the local school complete with a hoop skirts, uniforming and authentic guns.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  10:57:51 AM  Show Profile
I have a small family Bible that's written in German. I believe it is copyrighted in the 1700s. We had a white satin cover put on it and I carried my flowers on it when I got married to my first husband. After my mom died, my brother smuggled it out of the house and got it to me. It's supposed to go to the oldest daughter and my stepfather was giving everything to his girls and my brothers and I were getting nothing, so Steve got it to me.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  12:01:02 PM  Show Profile
I have a book named The American Spelling Primer that is dated 1880. It was used by my father in elementary school. He was born in 1930 so they had been using that book for a long time even before he got it. He drew pictures inside the front cover. I always make sure I know where it is and I keep in in plastic. In south Texas things don't last a long time.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic how old is your oldest book? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page