katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:39:31 PM  Show Profile
I started a new (seperate) Blog to chronicle the renovation of my vintage Aljo trailer....
I hope it will motivate other farmgals to show no fear & jump in with both boots on & have fun renovation, be it a trailer, chicken coop, out building, or special creativity room....
http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com
So stop by, if it don't scare ya surely it will motivate ya.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  06:43:33 AM  Show Profile
I stopped by and love, love, LOVE your new blog! This has always been a dream of mine...to have a vintage trailer. After visiting your first blog, then visiting Gracie's Victorian Rose site, I called Dave into the room.
Finally! he's gotten the WHY of why I want to do this. He's told me to begin my search and find a little vintage trailer and we'll buy it and I can do it up to my heart's content.
I only wish you'd put 'follower's section on your new blog so I could link it to my blog. That way, I'm updated whenever you post a new entry.
Congratulations on your beautiful, yet to be more beautiful, vintage Aljo!

Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  09:44:44 AM  Show Profile
hey Sandra, i'll go into my blog and add the "Followers link", if I can remember how to do it w/o blowing up my computer! lol!
Thanx for stopping by... the hardest part of the renovation is just getting started.... oh & be sure ot wear your "monkey masks" (any type of respirator to avoid breathing in mold & 50year old dust) just as a precaution. we use the little fiber throw aways.
Show No Fear!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Grace, great photos. She is looking great. I had one,and Aljo, not as old. I named her 'Bubbles'. I miss her but she was falling apart and I did not know how to make her better. She was'nt the wooden interier that you have either.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  3:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Gracie,
Great photos and what inspiration!!!!
I am looking, looing, looking for one of my own. Of course, my grown kids that I've lost my last screw and cannot believve that I want to start camping again. And don't really understand that I MUST go camping with the farmgirls
Love your fabrics. Are you going to epoxy paint the stove???
Keep us posted. You are my inspiration
Michele

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  3:36:37 PM  Show Profile
My daddy was career Army....and among other "phrases" he would use, one of my favorites was..."If it moves, Salute it,,,, if it don't,,,Paint it!" I hope I don't go overboard witht he painting,,,,oh what the heck I can always paint over what i don't like!...We talked with several paint dept. clerks and the general concensous is, most any paint for metal will be ok for the stove. I am checking into what is called Appliance paint to see if I can find the perfect "Red" for my stove/oven. I used regular metal paint on the stove in my old SCAMP and it held up to the flames/heat, even when i set a hot pot on it...I think 'caution' is the word of wisdom.
Since most of my cooking will be out doors & I have an itty bitty coffee maker I probably will only use my stove when the weather is not BBQ friendly.
I am even going to paint the tops of my crystle salt & pepper shakers a Red....as well as the little light gaurd above the sink.
Now if only the rains would let up over here in our neck of the woods....the sun is peeking out right now, at least for a few minutes...come on sun, I need to go out & play with "Gracie V.R."
>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  3:48:03 PM  Show Profile
Gracie, I am having a problem posting on your wonderful trailer blog! I write my post, put the letters in the block and then it says "Loading". Never seen that before. Anyhoo, I let it load for several minutes twice now and nothing happens. Is anyone else having this problem? Well, until I can post I will jsut havae to L@@k! xox

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl #44
Sisters on the Fly #595

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  12:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, about the paint - less is less and more is more so paint and paint! -smile-

BTW, just visited Victorian Rose but there isn't a follower -hint,hint- nor is there an update -hint,hint,hint-.

Okay, I'll shut up now. -LOL-

Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  9:47:18 PM  Show Profile
I love your new blog Grace! I can live vicariously through your renovation until I get one of my own some day. I saved it in my favorites.

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  10:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Kay,,,I think we WA gals need lil trailers to tow around from fabric store to quilt shops to farmgirlie events....hahaha, I can just see it now, a camp site full of little vintage trailers with a sewing bee around the campfire,,,maybe even a few feather weights hummming in the back ground! lol! Farmgirls Rule!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Started a new Blog.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page