tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  07:56:51 AM  Show Profile
There is probaly a post for this..I am too lazy to look for it :P I am looking for as organic as possilbe..insecticidael (sp?) soap recipe that can be sprayed on and that someone has actually used and liked. . I had squash beetles last year also and want to get rid of them. Anyone get rid of them using this type soap spray?

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com and www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  6:42:43 PM  Show Profile
I don't have too much luck with the "organic" sprays like Safer Soap and there was another one i tried last year that I was not impressed with, either. I did use diotamacious earth on most of my garden. It did work for me. Also I had potato beetles all over my new tomato plants. They killed several before I saw what it was. I just had to go out every morning and evening and pick them off and put them in soapy water or squish them. That's another thing. I do use just soapy water in a spray bottle. But I think I will use the DE again this year if I need it. The only thing is it looks so much like Seven dust, I hope people don't think that's what I'm using. I feel like I should put up a sign out front saying what it is, because I am organic. Not certified, but still. No chemicals here. And alot of the farmer's market people know where I live.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  04:13:13 AM  Show Profile
That is a help. I read about all the different stuff ..buy never can get any feedback on products or recipes that people can make up. . I try to drown in water what bugs i can find. I had a brief flurry of japanese beetles that i was able to drown most of.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com and www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic spraying plants Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page