Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Lavender laundry soap bars?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lavender laundry soap bars? Next Topic  

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  11:01:45 AM  Show Profile
Wasn't there a farm girl on here who had a site that sold these? I remember her hosting a giveaway for them at one time and now I can't find the site.

I'm almost ready to make a new batch of laundry soap and would love to try lavender.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  11:22:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb,
I know that Prairielandherbs had a giveaway for that. She has a website, but I dont know what it was. I will look it up and getback with you ;)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Certain thoughts are prayers.There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees"--V.Hugo

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  11:29:46 AM  Show Profile
Alrighty. I found it. Way simpler than I thought..lol

It is www.PrairieLandHerbs.com Her stuff is awesome. I have the lavender salt scrub and it is wonderful!!!
hope that helps
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"Certain thoughts are prayers.There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees"--V.Hugo

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  1:33:09 PM  Show Profile
Do you use the lavendar soap instead of Fels Naptha? I haven't made mine yet but have the Borax, FEls Naptha bars and washing soda all ready to go. Just curious for later on...or can you use EO's? But I imagine her soap is pure and natural too? Thanks! I"m just starting with making my own. I was using Mrs. Meyers lavendar and loved it but I am trying to save money.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  7:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I am in the same boaty as you Sandra, I don't want to use the Fels, I got bar castile but wanted to do EO lavendar. I think it should work. I accidentally bought large boxes of A M baking soda instead of washing soda (it was in the laundry isle) and I was wondering if I should use it? Or just use it for cleaning. Washing soda is not easy to find here.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  04:13:13 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jessie! That's her!

Yes, I'm going to grate up the lavender instead of Zote (which I use in place of Fels Naptha - I find that Zote has a more pleasant smell than Fels Naptha. Plus it's gentler on skin.) Right now I'm using baking soda instead of washing soda because I couldn't find the w/s up until about a month ago.

I make liquid detergent. I'm hoping that the lavender will melt as nicely as the zote does. I'll keep you posted.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  06:02:55 AM  Show Profile
I ordered my washing soda over the internet at www.soapsgonebuy.com Yes, the shipping makes you want to cry but if I continue to make and use I think I will ask my grocer if he will order me a case or else I will stock up when I go to the "big city" but for now I ordered it online. I am slowly doing the "handmade" stuff as I use up what I have of other cleaners etc. I want to go "natural" everything. I did use the vinegar in my softener dispenser yesterday as I am done with softner sheets etc and I could not believe how the clothes felt and looked! The towels had a real nap to them and everything just felt so clean....I was truly amazed! Baking soda is not the same as washing soda and I don't think you can use it to substitute for it...they are 2 totally different products from what I understand. I don't think it hurts but not sure it will get the job done, but what do I know? I'm just a beginner. Where do you gals get your EO...I looked inot Young Living but really pricey although I do want good quality EO's.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  06:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sandra- You are right. Baking Soda and Washing Soda are different compounds. Baking Soda conditions the water and helps remove odors. Washing soda "eats" grease and oils.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  07:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Thanks, Alee. Yes, I too would be interested in where to get the EO, that is not too pricy.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lavender laundry soap bars? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page