Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 knitting ostomy bag cover/help needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic knitting ostomy bag cover/help needed Next Topic  

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  04:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i know its a stragne thing to knit but my cousin has one and we decided i needed to knit a cover for it. the measurements are
14 3/4 inches total length
9 1/2 inches to bottom of opening
2 3/4 inches wide at bottom
4 1/2 inches wide at bottom of opening
6 inches wide at top of opening.

the guage is 16 rows per inch and 16 stitches per inch

i began at the bottom using #1 dpn's. i am adding 1 stich to each side every other round which i am goign to have to change to maybe every other round(?) as it is getting too wide too fast. my question is why, with adding 1 stitch at each side every other round (1 at beg of round and one at center/side of round)is the side at the beginning of round getting wide faster? it looks like i am adding maybe 2 instead of one which i am certain that i am nto doing. any ideas? it doesnt have to be perfect but would like it decent *grin* peace connie in alaska (temporarily in houston texas)

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  2:32:12 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea!!!
Hey..what if you did a ribbing type stitch..maybe K2 P2..so it would have more "give"...may make it not so critical when it gets wider too fast???

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  6:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i am actually using a stretchy sock yarn. it has a lot of give. i just cant figure out why it seems to be growing more on the beginning of the round increase than the mid round increase. totally weird. i am beginning to wonder if i will ever get it made with such tiny stitches. you would think that sitting in a hospital room with my hubby i could get a lot done but i keep fallign asleep. *grin* peace connie in alaska (temporarily in houston texas)
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  11:55:16 AM  Show Profile
there is a wonderful organization called "Carewear" if you go to their site they have patterns for this type of thing (with many others).
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic knitting ostomy bag cover/help needed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page