Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Today is my Due Date..or "D" Day as my husband
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Today is my Due Date..or "D" Day as my husband Next Topic
Page: of 2

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  06:23:03 AM  Show Profile
calls it

And I feel totally normal. With the exception of a backache, because I think she was "slung" to the right all night long, compressing some nerves. This pregnancy has been SUCH a breeze, I almost feel guilty saying it--hope that doesn't have any bearing on the labor!

So many things are in my noggin' today, about this event, about this day...and about afterwards. That I won't have these little "flutters" in my tummy anymore--but I'll have a little one to hold.

Think I might write a journal entry this evening when I get home to mark my feelings and this day. Even if she's not into being prompt, like her mother

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  06:24:43 AM  Show Profile
Are you at work on your due date? That's hardcore!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  06:40:27 AM  Show Profile
Ha! That's hysterical, Amie! I am...it's like the saying goes, "a watchpot never boils!" I can't imagine sitting around the house just waiting on her! I figure, I'll work right up until I'm in labor...then I'll call my husband :)

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Feb 19 2009 06:40:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  06:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Wow, it seems like the time has flown by to me. I'm very excited for you and am thinking about you. I hope the delivery goes as well as your pregnancy has.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  06:44:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Lainey...we're really excited, too! I too, hope the labor goes well, but I can't worry about it--women have been doing this for thousands of years. Just have to keep that in my head! I can't wait for her to be a member of the Knob Lick Country Club! She'll definitely be at the next Autumn gathering!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  06:48:39 AM  Show Profile
Yay! I can't wait to see her (and you!) there!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  07:01:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Looking forward to meeting little Miss Violet! We'll have to get her a teeny, tiny t-shirt to match ours! The newest and smallest member of the Knob Lick Country Club! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  07:03:18 AM  Show Profile
Auntie Janice, I can't for her to meet you, either. She does need a teeny tiny shirt...I'll work on that--surely I can make my own iron on transfer for such a small item! Almost Spring, almost time for Violet to bloom!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  07:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I hope you have a wonderful Labor! My pregnancy was a breeze too, and labor once it was going wasn't that bad. *hugs*

Can't wait to hear Violet's birth story!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  07:42:26 AM  Show Profile
Best of luck to you! I hope your little one shows up quickly and painlessly!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  08:05:22 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Alee and Dawn...I think her daddy is a little bummed that today is uneventful...he keeps calling to ask "how I feel"...it's pretty cute. Like she's "pencilled in" at 3:30 or something!

I am just as excited, so I can't kid about him too much. Have to remember to write all of these range of emotions down when I get home--by the end of the day, I'm so sleepy it's all I can do to slump into the house!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  08:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well at least you have a journal like entry here! You can use this to remind you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  08:21:04 AM  Show Profile
Very true. I simply can't wait to introduce her to the farmgirls. I know her Papa will take many (many, many) photographs--nice to have a Grandparent who is a professional :), so I will have almost "instant" images for everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  08:35:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
We love instant images!!! Then I can print one off and put it on my office door with my other cool farmgirlie pics. She can be right up there with Jack and Dave and a beautiful vase of zinnias(from your yard, I think).

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  08:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
What wonderful excitement, is this your first? Yes, write about your thoughts today, what a wonderful thing to have to show her later. My daughter is expecting her first on April 30th, we are all excited too.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  08:50:29 AM  Show Profile
I love that she will be on your office door with all your other cool farmgirl items...yep, the Zinnia's are from our yard, I remember. Nice and bright, the last of the season. And, if she gets to share the spotlight with Jack and Dave, now THAT'S rating!!!!

Yes, Karen--this will be our first. I was given a journal at one of my showers, that everyone wrote their advice down in--which was really poignant because it was a shower thrown by my best friend in town (a guy) and there were other guys in attendance, and all wrote freely about what they remembered and loved most about childhood and their mom's. So, I will continue my thoughts in that journal. I loved reading my baby book when I was little, finding out about myself, and my mom and dad--I hope this journal serves as an additional "insight" into her parents and life.

Congratulations on your grandchild--does she know "who" she's having, or will it be a wonderful surprise?
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  09:36:33 AM  Show Profile
oh the waiting is so hard..my sister is due in a week and we are already getting impatient...
My pregnancy, so far, has been so easy and enjoyable so I hope that carries on to the labor and delivery as well...best of luck! Hope you go into labor soon!

Fresh and creative projects popping up on my blog daily! Stop by and check out what I'm up to today!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  09:40:09 AM  Show Profile
I am so happy to hear that your pregnancy has been easy, Rebekah. I've been thinking of you! Sending you happy pregnancy vibes, and some good labor fairies to your sister.

Spring must TRULY be coming, right? All these wonderful little bundles of joy arriving?
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  10:06:33 AM  Show Profile
So how is your back feeling now?
Wishing you all the very best.
Di
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  10:51:12 AM  Show Profile
I went over with all three of my children and as my due date came and went I got depressed and just wanted them out! Take this time to get the last minute things done at home and to just relax. These are the last few days that you and your husband will ever be truely alone again! Pamper yourselves and enjoy the quiet. And many blessings for a fast and easy labor and delivery.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:12:36 AM  Show Profile
What an exciting day for you!!! Can't wait for the pictures either, lol.

Give little missy Violet from her Dutch farmgirl aunty when she arrives.
Prayers for a good and safe delivery!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:16:16 AM  Show Profile
WE ARE WAITING!! You must be so excited.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Will the doctor have you come on in to the hospital and break your water? That is what they did with my daughter and she had the baby 2 hours later. Labor immediately started. What does your doctor think about letting you wait? Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing all about that little one!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:31:10 AM  Show Profile
My thoughts are with you! I was 9 days late with my first child, I sure hope you don't have to wait. The precious little one will come when shes ready! Can't wait for ya! Farmgirl hugs to ya!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:41:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all for your wonderful wishes....I'm going to print this out for her baby book--hope you all don't mind!

Jeannie--they said they wouldn't let me go past March 1, which is not so far away...I did ask him about inducing because it seems that it's somewhat "popular" around this area (to schedule your delivery for convenience, both on mom's part and doc's) and he doesn't believe in it, unless the baby or mother is compromised. So, I guess we'll just see what happens. I'm excited, but if she's not done baking, then she can go a little more--I don't at all feel terrible, but ask me in a few days :)

Diane--my back hurt this am, but it's gone now. The heating pad works wonders! It really only hurts, too, when I get up in the morning, and after a warm shower, and walking about, it sortof goes back in line. This am was different, because it felt more "muscular" as opposed to disconnected!
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  11:46:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm so happy and excited for the upcoming arrival of your little daughter :) I hope that you have an easy labor and delivery, and that you are blessed with a healthy baby.

All 3 of mine were late...first was 3 weeks late, 2nd was 2 weeks late, and my youngest was 4 1/2 weeks late. I had my 2nd the morning I was supposed to be induced, and with my youngest they tried inducing me twice, but he decided he liked it where he was at...LOL!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Today is my Due Date..or "D" Day as my husband Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page