Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 De-clutter/ throw-away/ give-away-pinkroses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic De-clutter/ throw-away/ give-away-pinkroses Next Topic  

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  12:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Girls, I am wondering will it ever end?????
I am still de-cluttering, throwing away and giving away !!
Junk, Junk and more Junk.
Trash and more trash.
honestly, I am beginning to think I will never see the end of it all;but I guess after living here for 20 some odd years
and from being married 34 years this June it is expected; even if I have de-cluttered before
I think I need a bit of encouragement from my farmgirl sisters,Help, Lol
We went last Friday and picked out floors for the kitchen, hall bath and the master bath
picked out carpet.
I get the Master bath and bedroom all to myself as I am up all night dealing with pain
Hubby snores
So/ between the both of us we don't get any sleep; Ha.
I found some really pretty floor for my bath, It has little pink, with dark pink flowers scattered here and there.
I am painting my Master bath a deep french pink( Dutchy you would love it)
Hubby says it is pepi -bis-mall pink
But , it isn't.
I am going to have lilac in my bedroom
I saw the prettiest deep dark purple rug/ but hubby wanted me to have hard wood floor with those big area rugs,
that will look good with my anitque oak bedroom set.
But, really girls am I ever going to get through with all this sorting????
Hugs Sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  12:35:13 PM  Show Profile
I know how you feel Sheila. My husband has a tendency to keep everything. I am going to try to get him to sort through his stuff in our bedroom & basement for a good clear out. I have been trying for a year now to get him to do this.

Good luck on your remodel. It is exciting to paint and put in new floors! Think of the clearing out process as a "move" that has to be done to enjoy your "new house".

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  1:53:29 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean too. I was looking around my house this morning and sighing. I told my hubby we had some early spring cleaning to do this weekend. I have one room (my office) that I just keep putting stuff away in, you know the stuff that you pick up to declutter another room. There's so much stuff stacked up I can barely see the floor. And it's just things that I should have boxed up and put in storage---like Halloween and Christmas decorations.

Sheila, your colors for the bedroom and master bath sound fun! Hope you take a pic of it when you're finished, I would love to see it.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'

Edited by - Lainey on Feb 18 2009 1:54:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  3:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Sheila,
It sounds to me like you are doing a good job of sorting and picking out new things and colors. I hope we get to see pictures.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  01:11:07 AM  Show Profile
Sheila, you will get it done! One day, one drawer, at a time, and that way you don't feel overwhelmed. That is such a funny coincidence....years ago when I painted the living room/dining room/up the stairs and upstairs hallway it was pink with beige under tone.... the color was even CALLED "French Puff", and I loved it. However, somebody had dubbed my house "the pepto bismal house"! Who cares? I love it and it still makes me happy after all this time. The lilac in your bedroom sounds dreamy!! Keep at it; remember it was the tortoise that won the race, not the hare! Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  1:24:17 PM  Show Profile
Sheila...I'm in the same boat! It took me 50 years to collect all this stuff and I swear it will take me another 50 to get rid of it all but I have developed a method to try and stop me from feeling overwhelmed. I have 3 areas to "de-clutter" well...actually 4 I guess. The middle bedroom, the garage, the basement and paperwork. So...I pick one each day and set my kitchen timer for 1 hour and declutter that area. It works for me and when that timer goes off I walk away which actually helps me get started since I know that regardless I will only have to do it for 1 hour. You could set the timer for as little or as much as you want. To get started on really BAD areas I sometimes start with only 15 minutes/day just to get me going...and sometimes I do that with the paperwork because I hate going through that. Anyway...just something that seems to be working for me. Great colors and yes...pics please when you're done...sounds lovely!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  1:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sheila, I applaud all the advice above. I started with one drawer, then moved onto something like a samll closet or under the bed...whatever works for you!! I did do a HUGE declutter project last month. It was the final push and I got a lot done in 1 week of hardcore decluttering. I did set time limits, like 4 hours a day or 2 hours in the morning or whatever. I also made a rule that whatever was getting donated was in the box or bag and out the door as it filled up and into the truck. By doing this, I could see progress. And yes, it gets worse before it gets better. I was living with all of my closet stuff on the floor while I cleaned it out, painted, fixed and otherwise. Now, I have a nice neat closet. : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  1:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
YOU CAN DO IT:) That was not yelling it was me cheering you on. Just keep doing it and a little goes a long way. Hang in there suga! I feel your pain and frustration. It's overwhelming, but you'll get it done. xoxox and we'll continue cheering you on :)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic De-clutter/ throw-away/ give-away-pinkroses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page