Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Anyone read Lori Wick or Jeanette Oke
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone read Lori Wick or Jeanette Oke Next Topic  

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  10:34:45 AM  Show Profile
Has any one read the Lori Wick books or Jeanette Oke? I love both of them and have read just about everything they wrote. The Calling of Emily Evans (I think that is the title) was the first Christian fiction I read and I fell in love with her books as well as the genre!!!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  3:55:43 PM  Show Profile
I love Jeanette Oke's books but havn't read any of Lori Wick..will look for some for sure now!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  6:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love Jeanette Oke books and I like some of Lori Wick! My favorite is A Bride for Donogan.
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  9:37:36 PM  Show Profile
I love Janette Oke books. I have read most of her Love Comes Softly series.

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  11:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Jeanette Oke is great and Lori Wick is good, some of her work I really like. I prefer Jeanette though, indeed the Love Comes Softly series is wonderful!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  07:06:51 AM  Show Profile
My mom used to read the Janette Oke books. I've been thinking lately that I should find some of the Love Comes Softly series and re-read them. I seem to remember that the early ones especially were pretty good.

I used to get her children's books as birthday gifts. She wrote several about animals, if I remember correctly. I think I had one that was told from the perspective of a Lab puppy, and another about a skunk (!)
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  08:04:40 AM  Show Profile
The Love Comes Softly series is great! After the 8 books in the series there is another 3-4 that follow some of the children as they get older which is really cool. I'm always sad when a good series ends as I wonder what they are up to later. :-) I re-read books all the time so money well spent on them. That series has also come out again since the movies have been made!!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  10:43:33 AM  Show Profile
I love Janette Oke books and I also just started reading Beverly Lewis her books are good too. I havent read anything by Lori Wick yet. But maybe someday soon.
Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  11:42:29 AM  Show Profile
I really like Jeanette Oke. I also like Lynn Austin, and I am really enjoying Christian novels in general, like the series of novels about a particular state, three stories about life in the same state.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  4:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie
I really like all the novels as well. The state ones are fun. Just ordered the new one by Jeanette Oke and Bunn ( I think) The Centurions Wife, anyone read that one??
Rae

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone read Lori Wick or Jeanette Oke Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page