Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Sewing machine help, please - foot pedal problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Sewing machine help, please - foot pedal problem Next Topic  

Georgiaberry Mobley
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Georgiaberry
Fouke AR
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  05:44:10 AM  Show Profile
I recently acquired a new old sewing machine - a real beauty, Remington Super Deluxe Automatic Zig-zag Machine model 175.

I can only get two speeds from the foot pedal - full stop and lightning fast. I am used to having basically infinite control over speed with a foot pedal. Do I need a new pedal?

Here is what happens - push down on the pedal, nothing happens, push farther, eventually lightning speed starts. No in between speed.

Any wisdom?

Farmgirl Georgiaberry

always busy at SunshineForDinner.com

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  08:20:08 AM  Show Profile
See if you can get a replacement. Ck either Ebay for SEWVAC sellers or online: http://sewingandvac.com/ When it comes to electrical issues I take care of them ASAP with fresh wiring~no one wants a fire.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  08:42:25 AM  Show Profile
Remove it from the machine and look inside I had so much thread that the foot pedal was sticking. I removed the thread and put a little WD40 on it and worked it with my hand and it got unstuck.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Sewing machine help, please - foot pedal problem Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page