Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Farm books all organic style
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Farm books all organic style Next Topic  

judytwoshoes
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Julia L
Long Beach wa
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  3:08:55 PM  Show Profile
I must get rid of all my farm books, All Flesh is Grass, books on bees, Chicken tractor (2) lots of topics, I had many dreams, but unable to farm or be around poultry. So my loss is your gain.

So what do you have to barter or trade? I love embroidery and handwork, I would love to have enough potatoes and onions, lentils and beans, organic meats to store up for the coming year. I still do some canning, and find that very satisfying. I also dry, and make fruit leathers, for my grandchildren, who think it is candy.

Let me know! Thanks, judy

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence cometh my strength."

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  4:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Tell me what you want. I will email too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  4:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Julia, I've e-mailed ya.

Best farm wishes
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  6:36:54 PM  Show Profile
I am very interested in any of the bee books you might have.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

judytwoshoes
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Julia L
Long Beach wa
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  01:34:07 AM  Show Profile
OK Farm girls, I will post all of the titles that I have available, and let the feathers fly where they will! Reminds me of an old pillow my honey brought from his childhood home. When his grandfolks butchered chickens, they stuffed all the feathers in burlap sacks and let them dry. Then they made pillows out of ticking and grabbed the feathers and stuffed away. Well his pillow was icky with a capital ick. Soooo being a new to the housekeeping trade, I threw it in the machine, washed it, where it held up oddly enough, and then in the dryer...I kept hearing a noise, and when I opened the dryer a puff, no a cloud of feathers emerged. And the noise was from pieces of corn that had inadvertently stuffed into the pillow. We still laugh about that. And he still mourns his ratty old pillow. Hugs, Judytwoshoes
Go to Top of Page

judytwoshoes
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Julia L
Long Beach wa
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  2:39:08 PM  Show Profile
OK,deep breath pardon the lack of punctuation marks..The Organic Front,rodale,Enjoying Roses,The Basics of Permaculture Design,Managing Small Scale Fisheries,The Earth Moved,Living with Chickens,The Septic Systems Handbook,Greenhouses-Planning, installing and using, The Permaculture Garden,The new Organic Garden Grower, How to Build Small Barns and Outbuildings,The New Vegetable and Herb Expert, New Garden Book,Container Gardening-indoors and out, Patio Roofs and Gazebos, First lessons in Beekeeping, Sunset Pruning handbook(was my Fathers),Complete Guide to Water gardening,Your Garden pond,All flesh is Grass, Biodiesel,The New Rose Expert, The Rock and Water Garden Expert, (2) Chicken Tractors,Hen and the Art of Chicken Maintenance, Traditional feeding of Farm Animals,The Chicken Health Handbook, Ortho Home Garden Problems,Planning your Addition. Some of these are NOT organic, but good for troubleshooting...Happy days are here again, the sky above is blue again....judytwoshoes
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  2:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Julia, we're interested in the fisheries one and the chicken health handbook one. . .what would you like?
Go to Top of Page

judytwoshoes
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Julia L
Long Beach wa
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  4:36:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SheilaC

Julia, we're interested in the fisheries one and the chicken health handbook one. . .what would you like?

What would you like to trade? What do you have?judytwoshoes...you can e-mail me also
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Farm books all organic style Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page