True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  05:54:50 AM  Show Profile
I figured I might get more help here.

I am snoring so bad lately. It's keeping my hubby up. I have tried the nose things but they don't help much. Does anyone have any suggestions???

I need help! And do not want to go to a sleep-snoring center. I am snoring through my nose, not mouth. My hubby is a mouth snorer. Pretty bad, too. Thank goodness we have a bedroom upstairs! But it is nice to sleep together.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  06:22:05 AM  Show Profile
You and me both, Kristin! We've had such tiffs about this the last few weeks! The odd thing is, he snores also, but that doesn't count...you know, for keeping ME up. Mine is a pregnancy issue, and I'm hoping that after the baby is born, it goes away, as I've never snored before.

I've been using the breathe right nose strips--they seem to help a bit, if not completely eliminate snoring. Also, he's come out with some sortof "snore strip" that disolves in the mouth, but I've not seen them at the market yet.

I just make sure I'm REALLY tired when I go to bed, too..that sounds strange, but I seem to sleep better.
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  06:54:41 AM  Show Profile
Mine is terrible too. I get nudged awake every time. OK so HE likes to have the tv on all night and the light/sound really seeps into my sleep too but that doesn't count. When I sleep in my son's room I do much better. (After he's asleep, so I don't keep him up too...don't know what I'll do when we re-bunk the beds...I'm not climbing!!!) My doc really wants me to go to the sleep clinic as well...but then I'll have this noisy machine attached to my head. How's THAT going to go over??? The second time I'm nudged awake is usually when I make for the other bedroom. Hmmmmmm....maybe the basement? I could do my own little MJ Outpost down there!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  07:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I noticed that those nose spray things help me. Okay so it has only been one night so far. The nose sprays I am talking about aren't the "Stop snoring" kind (I haven't tried them yet) but the $2 ones you can get at the pharmacy for congestion or dry sinus.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  09:58:28 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I have been married 34 years this June.
He snores so bad that we sleep in separate rooms.
I am up a lot of a night going to the bathroom
or dealing with pain.
So, that works better for both of us.
He won't go and get help eighter.
I worry about his snoring as it affects his breathing at times; but he dosen't beleive that.
what do You do with a guy like that?
Hugs Sheilaa

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  10:28:55 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
Do you have alergys? Sometimes that can cause snoring. Maybe a humidifier in your room, maybe take a zertec or clairitin something like that. I just have a noise machine in our room. How are the chickens?

Tina
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  4:47:50 PM  Show Profile
I have had a busy day and just now got to come in and sit down.

I am so glad I'm not the only one out there that snores. Since my husband has been home (for almost 4 weeks now) I have slept upstairs b/c I was afraid I might kick him or do something during the night to hurt him. The last 2 nights the grandkids have spent the night so I had to sleep in our room. He was in his recliner this morning at 7:30 when I got up. He'd been there awhile, poor guy. He says I snore so bad he can't sleep. But that he still loves me and all. So I guess it's back upstairs tonight.

So Feb-Violet, I'll have to check out the desolving strips. And I hope your snoring does go away after the baby is born.

T and Sheila, ya'll sound like me and my hubby. He does have sleep apnea for sure. He'll breath really deep a few times then stop. I have to wake him up sometimes. When he was in the hosp. they were so concerned about his oxygen level they hooked him up to a heart monitor and oxygen, too. And he stays up late with the tv going and he can hardly hear so it's up so the whole valley can hear it, too. I have to wear ear plugs. Well. thank goodness we have an extra bedroom. I can't wait til he goes back out on the road again!

Tina, yes I do have allergies. I will look into getting the humidifier. Thanks. I think I need to lose about 50 pounds, too. That would help alot. Once I get back out in the garden I'll lose some. And the chickies are doing great. I got some grower-finisher at T.S. today and will feed them that for awhile. I got 4 more today, too! My SIL's boss didn't want them anymore so just gave them to us! And a rooster, too, that I gave to my friend who's granddaughter's dog killed her rooster last week. So she needed another one for her girls.

Thank you all for your help. I will try all the suggestions.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  8:42:41 PM  Show Profile
You might want to make sure you don't have sleep apnea. I've been snoring for years but didn't take it too seriously. Last May I was really dragging and ended up having a sleep test. During the test I stopped breathing thirty times in an hour and my oxygen saturation level went down to fifty percent... pretty scary. I now sleep with a CPAP machine and mask every night and am thankful for it because it can be very serious.

I don't want to scare you or anything. You might look up what the symptoms are and if you have them, talk to your doctor if you're able.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  10:18:34 PM  Show Profile
I too have sleep apnea and use a CPAP. I've had it about 3 years and it was a God send. Yes, carrying around too much weight is a prime cause of snoring but did you also realize that not sleeping well (caused by the snoring you are doing) is a prime cause for weight gain? A vicious cycle! I'm still way overweight but at least now I feel I sleep better and can at least consider diet and exercise. Before my CPAP I was so tired all the time I literally couldn't function. And nose/mouth snoring really doesn't make a differnce, a snore is a snore is a snore.

If you are dead set against going through a sleep study(which really aren't that bad) you might want to try sleeping propped up with pillows. Elevating your head sometimes helps. If you start falling asleep at the wheel-GO FOR A SLEEP STUDY!

ps: this was all said with much love and affection

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  11:03:56 AM  Show Profile
Karin, that is scary. I don't know if I have it but my hubby does. I will look that up for sure now.

And thank you Audrey. I know I am the heaviest I have ever been. Usually when I get up around 200 I get serios and lose weight. But I am 50 now and it is alot harder to do. I think I am about 220 and I don't like it at all. I have not fallen asleep at the wheel yet. I will stop driving if that ever happened.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  11:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I don't have any answers for you but I feel your pain. I too weigh around the same as you and snore also. My father and cousin both use the CPAP machine to sleep. My dad's doctor told him if he didn't use it he wouldn't live another 3 years. I've never gone for one of those tests. My hubby says I snore but I don't stop breathing. Part of my problem though, besides the weight, is I'm a smoker too. When I smoke more I snore heavier says my hubby. I just can't quit and diet I've tried and I don't succeed then I eat more and smoke more. Viscous circle.
God Bless, and if you ever find a good way to loose weight let me know please! Tried many things but only thing that really helped me they took off the market in the U.S.
Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Snoring Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page