True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  12:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Corrine -

Thanks for the link to the simple wardrobe blog. I've been thinking the same thing lately, I need to change my style and would like to have a bunch of custom-sewn (for my strange body) clothes, instead of badly fitting purchased clothing that is relatively inexpensive but hard to alter...

I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years and realized my wardrobe will need to change. Right now I really have 3 wardrobes - one for corporate HQ, one for the day-to-day factory, and one for weekends.

I'm going to try beefing up the weekend wardrobe with homemade things and maybe also some dressy/party clothes. Starting with a new Easter dress?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  1:15:47 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, I agree that when we sew our own cloths it assures us that no one will show up at a party in the same dress. However, many years ago, Ole Ron and I had to go to a really dressed up function. I took great pains making my dress. Lots of sequins(sp) and stuff. Anyway there was another lady there with the same dress. I recognized the pattern but I had added to mine considerably. I ask her if she made her dress. She looked horrified and ask if it looked homemade. I told her no that we used the same pattern. She looked me up and down and said you are right, but I like yours better. Best compliment I could have gotten.
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  12:42:46 PM  Show Profile
I wear what's suitable for the job. In the warmer months, I tend to wear dresses all the time but in the colder months, leggings with sweatpants are warmer for me. Whatever I wear, it's natural fibers as the other, man-made, stuff makes me stinky and sweaty.

Cotton panties always but you've just never lived until you've taken "position" to do an outside bladder empty and have a horse or sheep nose you in the, exposed, rear! Makes life quite interesting around here -smile-.

Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wardrobe Change Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page