Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 New York Plane Crash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic New York Plane Crash Next Topic  

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Just thought I would send out a prayer request for the families that lost loved ones in the plane crash in New York last night. This was in Clarence Center, just outside Buffalo. As of last night they said 49 were killed. 48 on the plane and 1 on the ground. When I lived w/my inlaws, this was about 15 minutes away. The plane was 5 miles from the landing strip. My heart breaks for those families who lost these loved ones just minutes before they were to land.

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  06:45:01 AM  Show Profile
We will keep those folks in our prayers.My Heart hurts as well. I will have are church family being praying as well.
Farmgirl sister #462

Worry ends Where Faith in God begins.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  06:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Will keep them in my prayers. Really a sad thing for the families.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  2:34:54 PM  Show Profile
The official word now is 50 dead. 49 on the plane and one on the ground, actually in the house that the plane crashed into. Clarence Center isn't too far from here. Buffalo is only about 50 mins. There seems to have been a bad problem with icing and also with the landing gear. The pictures are just surreal. It breaks your heart. My Grandson, just came in and said he doesn't think he wants to fly anymore, with there being two plane crashes in a couple of weeks. Of course the one that landed in the Hudson was a miracle, no one dies or was even hurt. Amazing.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  09:36:26 AM  Show Profile
The loved ones of the victims are all in my prayers. I can't even imagine how they must be feeling.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  6:32:42 PM  Show Profile
Girls -

I am from Buffalo, some 15 miles or so from where the plane went down. I knew once they started gives out the names and since it was landing in Buffalo late at night that I would know someone on that flight.

Well a friend and co-worker of mine, her sister Mary Pettys was one that lost her life, she just got engaged and was to be married this June.

So, yes, please pray for the Hillary/Pettys family.

Thanks,
Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  10:57:15 PM  Show Profile
That's so sad, Sue. I used to live in WNY many years ago. Prayers for all.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  11:54:08 AM  Show Profile
Sue,

I am so sorry to hear of your friend. One of my friends worked with a man that lost his pregnant girlfriend on the flight. My friend said he is just beside himself. Had been so looking forward to being married & a first time dad. There were some incredible people on that flight. So many families affected by this tragedy. Your friends family will also be in my prayers.

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic New York Plane Crash Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page