Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 magazine renewal notices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic magazine renewal notices Next Topic  

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  8:44:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

I recently sent in a renewal for 2 yrs. on my magazine subscription, yet I keep getting cards inviting me to renew. Besides being wasteful, it makes me wonder if my subscription renewal ever got through the crazy mail? How often does the magazine send renewal notices? Can we cut back on paper waste? I understand that a publisher may have a policy regardless of how green a certain magazine it carries is, but MJ junkmail feels so awkward. I really don't need a reminder every month.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com

Gking
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Greg
Norwalk CT
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  05:19:37 AM  Show Profile
Subscription renewal notices start being sent to subscribers about 6 months prior to expiration. If a subscriber responds to one of the efforts, renewal notices stop being sent until about 6 months prior to the new expiration date. That said, a renewal notice from us may cross in the mail with an order from you. Once the order is processed, renewal mailings do stop.

Believe it or not, people respond to different types of notices at differnt points in the series. And we are unable to differentiate between who likes to renew 6 months before expiring versus who prefers to wait until the last minute.

If you would only like to receive one renewal notice, we can mark your subscription record as such. Simply call or email the MJF's magazine subscription customer service number/address (not the Farm's) and request that you only receive one renewal notice.

Note that you will receive one notice, about one month prior to expiration. If you reply promptly, your subscription will continue without a hitch. If the renewal notice gets lost in the mail, gets put aside, gets eaten by the dog etc. you will not receive a 2nd notice. And we then, we will not receive your renewal. And you may have a disruption in service, miss an issue or experience a delay. While this is unlikely, it does happen.

Hope this helps.

Greg from the Publisher's Office
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  8:12:05 PM  Show Profile
Very helpful, as usual. Thank you. It sounds like a bit of a hassle, and I appreciate it even more now and know what I can do to stop extra notices. Very thoughtful! Thank you.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  09:18:22 AM  Show Profile
Guess what! I sent my renewal for my magazine subscription back in october with a check. The check has never cleared the bank, and I haven't heard anything that my subscripition was renewed. I also have e-mailed MJF about my renewal and have not heard back from that!

Good Luck!
Erin

Farmgirl #190
www.concrete-and-grace.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tbethea
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Tanja
Norwalk CT
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  11:33:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Erin,

Please email me your complete name and mailing address at customer_service@belvoir.com so I can look into this for you. Please put MaryJanesFarm Magazine in the subject line.

Thank you

Tanja Bethea
Customer service
Go to Top of Page

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  12:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Tanja,
I'm still wondering about my subscription. Please let me know if you know anything.

Thanks,
Erin

Farmgirl #190
www.concrete-and-grace.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic magazine renewal notices Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page