Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 There Shall be Showers of Blessings...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic There Shall be Showers of Blessings... Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  2:51:00 PM  Show Profile
I have just got to tell you how God has blessed me this last week. I am still kind of in amazement.
Okay, to start, most of you know that my hubby has been out of job for a really long time. So, having said that, we were kind of wondering where rent was coming from this month. We had sold our car back in October to a friend of ours with the understanding he would start payment this June. So, he calls two days ago and says. "I got my income taxes back and I am mailing a check today to pay off the car!!" HOORAY!! Rent is taken care of with a little left over. :)

#2.This one is just kind of neat. Hubby went to go into work yesterday and the job was cancelled while he was on his way back up there. The kids were getting ansy so we decided to take them up to the library. Well, there is this part there where there is outdated books that they giveaway to whoever wants them. I went over to look and see what was new over there and sitting there was a huge box full of a set of gardening encyclopedias!!!! I can hardly wait to start gardening and how cool to have a whole set of books right there to be able to use to know just what to do.

#3. This one is neat too, but a big Blessing also. For the bad weather, I haven't been going to the farmers surplus in town, but it was gorgeous out and again the kids definitly needed to get out, so I decided to go. Well, once you are done they have a thing almost like a small goodwil. People leave stuff, clothes, books, furniture, whatever. You take what you need and leave when you can. So, I went there today, and found 3 great big boxes of yards of different materials. There were even some really pretty (70s and 80s though they may be) patterns. I got some books for the children and some really pretty crocheted blankets that needed small repairs. I have been faithful about not buying fabrics to make the things I want, though its been hard. :) So when I saw these, I could hardly resist bringing them home. I was so glad I didn't have to spend money on it, and it was really nice stuff that would be great for dresses for Spring. :D

I just had to share the sweet blessings from the week! :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"The grass withereth,the flower fadeth:but the word of our God shall stand forever." Is. 40:8

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  2:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Well, I guess sometimes we don't think little things are such a big deal to God, but they really are. He delights in small blessings just as much as the great big ones. But these blessings sound like big ones to me. I'm sure you will enjoy all the books and especially the fabric and patterns. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  4:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, So glad to hear about the blessings that came your way this week. You really deserve all the good things that come your way. You always think of others and have a heart of gold. I'm really happy for you!

Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  4:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Jessie, it is so uplifting to hear of God's blessings in others lives...thanks for sharing. In my opinion we need those small things more than the big sometimes, in my life the small things get me to feeling sorry for myself and my eyes off being grateful and blessings along the way cheer us on...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  5:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Everytime I see this topic that song runs through my mind. :-)

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  5:47:43 PM  Show Profile
hehe. Thats what Ive been singing all day. It is one of my favorites!!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"The grass withereth,the flower fadeth:but the word of our God shall stand forever." Is. 40:8

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  6:34:25 PM  Show Profile
A pastor of mine used to say "God is rarely early, but never late" and I always remember that when a blessing comes along my pathway. I rejoice with you!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  7:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh Happy Day Jess! Isn't God just WONDERFUL!!!! ~~~HUGS~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  11:18:12 PM  Show Profile
God is so good and so faithful!!! What wonderful blessings. I am so happy for you.

Handmade Soap and More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic There Shall be Showers of Blessings... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page