Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Free Quilt Pattern download from MaryEnglebreit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Free Quilt Pattern download from MaryEnglebreit Next Topic  

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  11:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey FarmGirls, I got an email saying the Mary Englebreit's Home Companion magazine is no more. Boo-Hoo. However, they have hopes of relaunching someday with a new publisher and I hope they do. In the www.MaryEnglebreit.com email I received, was a free quilt pattern download. It is a moda pattern designed by Mary using her newest fabrics and it is really sweet. Check it out...

http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_baskets-of-flowers.pdf

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  12:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Karen, that is a cute pattern, would look good in 30's repro fabric too.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  12:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
I recieved that e-mail today as well. I was very sad when I got the notice in the mail that it was ceasing publication. I have my fingers crossed that they will find a publisher for the mag!! This was my bible for creative inspiration. I have probably read every issue twenty times or more. I remember when my daughter would carefully cut out the paper dolls and saved them in a shoebox-her,and her friends, would play with them when they couldn't think of anything. I miss the magazine already and it hasn't been a month:( At least we still have MaryJanes Farms to treasure!

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  1:29:15 PM  Show Profile
What a drag! I always buy that magazine...I'm so sorry it is being discontinued..probably another side effect of the economy..she has her hands in so many different creative ventures. I know she will do fine otherwise but I will surely miss the magazine.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~~~~The Portal to A Vintage Collection & My Creative Journey
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Free Quilt Pattern download from MaryEnglebreit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page