Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Connor Meets Michael Phelps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Connor Meets Michael Phelps Next Topic  

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  1:08:39 PM  Show Profile
Jim's grandson Connor has a rare form of brain cancer. Before he got sick, he was very involved in his swimming club. Swimming is very important to him but he can't participate anymore. Michael Phelps has become one of his heros and as I'm writing this, he is spending the day with Michael in Baltimore. As I understand it, WalMart donated $1000 to sent Connor and his family there. It was unfortunate that the marijuana controversy broke out 3 days before they were to meet, but Connor doesn't know about it and things went as planned. I'm sure he's in his glory today. Connor has been in the local (Milwaukee and Madison areas) news several times now and we're wondering if this will make national news because Dateline America contacted Conner's mother the day before they left. So if you see anything about this, pay special attention to that sweet little 9 year old boy and for those farmgirls who have been praying for him, keep on. Connor's cancer is very rare in children; he's one of only 3 children in the US who have this. Make a Wish will be sending the family to Hawaii so Connor can swim with the dolphins. This is so sweet and yet so very, very tragic. We're all hoping for the best, but the odds are not in our favor. Miracles do however, still happen and that's what everyone is hanging onto.

visit my blog at http://lifeatspiritfarm.blogspot.com

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  1:55:31 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful and yet very sad at the same time. Connor is in my prayers. I hope he has a wonderful time in Hawaii too.

I think Michael Phelps is a tremendous athlete and human being. Even heroes make mistakes. That young man has a lot of character though and I'm sure he'll never make this mistake again.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  2:24:29 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Dawn about Michael Phelps. He is a good person who goofed up. We all make mistakes. Your grandson will have such a wonderful time with him. I just wish him being able to meet him and have such a fantastic adventure could of come from different circumstances. Going to Hawaii will be a joyous occassion for the whole family to hold dear to their hearts. I pray that Connor and his famliy have a truly magical time. I also pray that Connor is around for a long time to come. There is nothing harder in this world than losing your child. No matter what the cause. May God Bless each and every one of you.

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  2:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow what a great day for Connor!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  5:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies...your concern and prayers are very much appreciated, even more than you know.

visit my blog at http://lifeatspiritfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Connor Meets Michael Phelps Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page