Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  07:59:43 AM  Show Profile
I totally forgot to post when our new bread machine arrived.

After reading all kinds of posts a few months ago, I decided on the Cuisinart. Mostly because it's stainless, and had all kinds of settings.

So far I have made 4 loaves of bread in just a few days.

The artisian bread is the simplest and so far has yielded the best results.

Tried a whole wheat bird-seedy type bread that will need some work.

This bread machine has a mix-in setting that beeps for you to add extras. I think I added too many amaranth seeds. Nothing got mixed in and crusted to the outside. the load burned on the lower half too.

Probably my goof.

so we'll stick to the simpler recipes now and then graduate to the more complicated.

I still miss the good hand kneeded bread from our neighbor. Forgot to add. Her breads were kneeded by herself and her husband, both of whom are potters. So naturally they have strong hands.

olive610
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Mary-Alice
Missouri City TX
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  2:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Anna, I have just rediscovered my bread machine. It had been sitting on my counter and probably had not been used in 5 years. I wasn't even sure if it worked any longer. I had to go on-line to find directions on how to use it since I had long lost those.

So on Friday I made a loaf of egg bread, the Saturday I made another loaf of that. Sunday I made a loaf of Sweet Buttery Bread that the grandchildren went nuts over.

I am loving my bread machine again. I have a Breadman that is 12 years old. It works beautifully!

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  5:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Ahhh

Isn't it nice to re-discover a lost treasure?

I have a blender that's probably 13 years. It's an older Oster and lemme tell ya, I baby this thing and so far, the motor is still running strong.

Mom was able to find another glass attachment and blade/gasket at the Habitat store, so as long as the motor continues to be babied, hopefully this won't have to be replaced either...or at least not for a very long time.

I especially can't stand kitchen things made of plastic.

The next major purchases will be starting my All-Clad cookware collection... slowly, piece by piece, then SOMEDAY I hope to possess a purple Kitchen Aid.

Go to Top of Page

Cass11
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Lindsay
Eastport Idaho
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  7:48:14 PM  Show Profile
I use my bread machine every other day and just love it. I have found that if I use half Best For Bread flour I have much better results. I also proof my yeast in warm water with sugar before adding the other ingredients for 12 minutes. Hope this helps a newbee.

www.alinejewelryandcrafts.com
www.alinearts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  06:02:54 AM  Show Profile
YES! thanks

i'll take any hints and tips

it is an art for sure!
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  06:57:21 AM  Show Profile
I love my bread machine too, and recently brought it out of retirement. They've sure come a long way since the very first one I had that looked like R2D2 and made round loaves!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic bread machine addict Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page