Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I need better car-ma! Link to pics!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I need better car-ma! Link to pics! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2006857&l=28fe2&id=1168466479

Oh my gosh! Why is it always MY cars that get hit? When I sign the title does some cosmic target sign get painted on them?

Lets see here the tragedy of events since I started driving:
In January 2002 I ran into a telephone pole with my BRAND NEW car.
A month TO THE DAY later a drunk driver smashed into the back of my dad's car that I was borrowing.
A year later TO THE DAY a neighbor backed into my car's driver side door doing damage.
A few months later I side swiped a car to avoid hitting a little old lady driving down the middle of the road.
Then a 19 year old totaled my Volkswagen Bug when I was pregnant with Nora (It was parked)
Then a friend smashed into my car when he slid on snow and ice
Then a month later (after my car had been fixed) a drunk driver totaled it

THEN today as I was driving home from some errands and a guy ran a red light and T-boned my car! He had to have been going about 40 in a school zone. He slid along my passenger side doors and into my front right fender. So I have damage to both doors and a HUGE basketball sized dent in my front fender along with damage to the wheel and the hood!

Nora, Sky and I were all in the car. I am pretty sore, but am so thankful I was belted in! Nora was in her seat and has been sick so I am not sure if her crankiness this evening is because of the wreck or being sick so we are going to the doctor tomorrow.

I need better car-ma.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Feb 05 2009 6:15:22 PM

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  5:46:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Glad you guys are okay.

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  5:47:09 PM  Show Profile
Sweetie, I am glad you and the babies are okay. I think we should install bumpers around your vehicles from now on.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  6:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I know! Tell me about it! I told Doug I need a horse drawn carriage! LOL Or a tank. A tank would be nice!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Edited by - Alee on Feb 02 2009 6:02:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  6:29:33 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhhh Alee, I hope you ar enot going to feel worse tomorrow, I am sorry you got In this wreck. Did he have insurance?

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age... Lucille Ball
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  6:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh I am sorry to here about your REALLY bad luck with cars. I hope Nora is ok and hopefully everything will work out with getting your car fixed up again!!! Here is wishing you better car-ma. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  7:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, luckily he had insurance! I already called his insurance so I will be talking to the adjuster first thing tomorrow morning.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  8:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Alyssa Thank GOD you are all okay, accidents suck. I'm thinking of you and the kids (sky & nora) : )

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Amanda! I am just so thankful that I saw him and turned a bit so it wasn't a dead on T bone. I think that would have been worse for us.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  9:36:01 PM  Show Profile
You don't need better car-ma, you need a horse. :) Smiling aside, I'm very happy you are okay. big hug.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  9:53:45 PM  Show Profile
Poor Alee, I do think you need a tank.
I'm so glad none of you got hurt!! DON'T SETTLE too quickly with that adjuster.

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  10:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone!

If there is one thing that my dealings with insurance has done- it has made me tough as nails. If they total the car, they will pay the replacement value in this market for my car- not the average for the make and model (my car was a 99 model but only had 53K miles on it! It was in pristine condition!) and if they repair it- it had better be back to "new" standards. Anything less and I will have to get pushy. I really had to wrangle with Farmer's Insurance when the drunk driver totaled my car 11 months ago. They really tried to give me a bad deal. But I proved my point with documentation and was in the end "made right". I just cringe to have to do it all over again!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  10:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Girl! What is up?

That whole litany would be almost funny if it weren't so serious. It's just too much.

Hey, I'll be the "karma fairy" and P*I*N*G* tap you on the head with my good karma wand and VOILA! no more bad car karma.

It's so easy when you're a Buddhist...just kidding...

I do hope things work out alright. I'm glad you won't take less than you deserve. But take some time to rest. As you know from much experience (unfortunately), you can actually physically break down a day or so after so let the kids really mellow out - and you too! Please take good care of yourself.

Allison
Farmgirl #473

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  05:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
oh honey!!!! Sending good karma your way xoxoxoxo I'll throw in some good prayers for ya :)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  05:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Oh, Alee! So glad it wasn't worse - good thinking on your part to swerve the car. I think you should go with the horse and carriage. That way you'd have a horse to help plow the fields when you get your farm.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & KMW (Keeper of Maven Words)
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  06:00:50 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm so thankful that you, Nora, and Sky were not hurt. I'm glad you and Nora are going to the doctor to make sure all is ok. I'm sorry you have to go through this again with the insurance companies and all, I hope it goes smoothly.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  06:04:38 AM  Show Profile
What a run of bad luck, Alee. I'm glad you're all ok. Good luck with the insurance company.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  06:35:07 AM  Show Profile
OMG! Alee, I'm so glad your bad "carma" is only costing you vehicles! That is so scary when you have your kids in the car! Breathing a sigh of relief for you and Nora. Poor Sky. He must have been tossed a bit. Maybe you should try a vehicle in a neon color! lol

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  06:59:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee...I'm so glad you, Nora and Sky are all okay!! It sounds like it could have been so much worse...

When you mentioned a tank, I immediately thought of Bella's 'before' car in the last Twilight book...did you read that??

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  07:06:21 AM  Show Profile
Yikes! I'm so glad you are ok...and kudos for getting back on your "horse" each time.... hugs, sherry

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  07:10:31 AM  Show Profile
Gee, and I thought I had bad luck with cars-- only mine just BREAK DOWN! I guess it's because my husband is a MECHANIC and he's always carting these "Fixer-uppers" home-- and GUESS WHO gets stuck with them!!! All I can say is, after a lot of money and many parts, the cars usually DO last quite some time, but, they don't last more than a few years 'cause they're already pretty worn out when we got them! (and he blames ME when they finally crap out for good...sigh...)

I'm SOOOO glad you guys are all ok. I've been in one accident (not counting the one in my OWN driveway!!) and it was more like being on the bumper cars (I was traveling down the street at about 35mi hr while the lady who hit me was backing out of a driveway), but it was STILL scary! All I can say Alee is that you've got some pretty GOOD ANGELS looking out for you! Hit by drunk drivers HOW MANY TIMES? Oh, blessed are you not to have suffered far worse! And for THAT I am thanking God and saying prayers that you STAY safe! Hang in there kid! And take care of yourself, Sky and Miss Nora. Hugs to you all ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  07:19:04 AM  Show Profile
Alee, how are you this morning? I hope some of the soreness is going away. Might get worse before it gets better. How is Nora this morning? If she was strapped in her car seat real good, she probably wasn't shaken up too bad. What a bummer. Now you have to put up with the ins companys. That can be worse than the wreck. We are praying for you and Nora and Sky.

I vote for the tank.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  07:24:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh my!! I am so glad you were all okay. At least the other guys insurance should pay out, right?
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  1:54:33 PM  Show Profile

Dear Alee, Too bad they don't make a fuel efficient and cheap HummVee!!!! If the insurance company starts jerking you around lawyer up!! Best wishes for a quick recovery!!!
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  2:15:41 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry that you were in a accident- I so grateful no major injuries. Please take care- the next copy of days may bring on sore muscles. Take care.
Lori

Have a Country Day
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  6:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Angels watching over you for sure, maybe with so much history of your readiness to fight for justice, the ins. company will start off with better service to you. Prayers for you all to be found fine in body at the doctors...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I need better car-ma! Link to pics! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page