Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Sometimes you just gotta wonder...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sometimes you just gotta wonder... Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  07:48:53 AM  Show Profile
I have had a hard time getting started this morning, so my brain is apparently in slow-mo!
I was making the children breakfast and as their oatmeal was cooking, I stepped away to set out my sewing project for the morning. I went back to getting their oatmeal ready and as I was setting their bowls down, here was my Levi having just bit a good chunk out of my Quilting Bar. Thank goodness that it is all natural (Thanks to Kay @Rusticcottage) I don't know if I was more mortified that he had eaten it or that he had eaten it and I wasn't worried about it..lol
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  09:24:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie! How I remember those days!!! My two oldest boys ate EVERYTHING!!! My OLDEST son even ate one of my contact lenses!!! My middle son always swallowed coins and VERY small objects. We had to keep our floors SPOTLESS!! They were so bad (and only 18mos apart) I nicknamed them "Hoover" & "Eureka!!"

The WORST thing my oldest boy ate was one of those plug in air fresheners. I was putting him to be one night and he smelled like flowers. I had him show me just what he'd eaten and I just about went into PANIC MODE!!! I called poison control. I don't remember what they told me to do-- but I DO remember them laughing! (to ME it was NOT funny!!!!) But, he survived no worse for wear.

I think it's just a "BOY" thing. Don't worry, he'll grow out of it. Or maybe he WON'T! He'll just change WHAT he eats! (LOL!) Now in their late teens, my boys STILL eat just about everything, but at least it's all EDIBLE!!! ~~~Hugs~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  2:08:40 PM  Show Profile
lol..Tracy! Ive been calling Levi "Kirby" for a little while now. He eats everything in sight. Edible or not! I hope it's just a phase. ;)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  3:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I remember those days, too. And that you weren't worried about what it was is too cute. Mine did things like that, too, and I'd just say it was one less thing I had to feed them.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  3:54:16 PM  Show Profile
My son ate lipstick when he was little. Ewwwwwwwww!

Now he is 18 and eats anything that isn't nailed down.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  6:14:42 PM  Show Profile
My son ate so many odd things they knew me at the poison control center by name....He's now 23 and survived intact. It is a boy thing - my daughter never did that. It is the same with the grandkids - girls zero, boy - too many to count!!!

Enjoy 'em while they are little it may seem like the days can get pretty long when you are chasing a toddler but before you know it they are grown and gone.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sometimes you just gotta wonder... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page