Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What To Make For 5 Year Olds Treat Bags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What To Make For 5 Year Olds Treat Bags Next Topic  

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  07:22:36 AM  Show Profile
My sons teacher wants to celebrate his half birthday (he has a summer birthday) on February 6. Our school has a ton of food restrictions on what to send in for birthdays or parties. One of the creative mom's from my sons class sent home a felt tic-tac-toe game with smiley faces for the pieces. It was adorable and I just loved it. I'm racking my brain trying to come up with something like that, but so far I can't think of anything. I can't sew, so I need suggestions for something that can be glued. The tic-tac-toe game was the first gift bag toy that my son can play with again & again. I'd love to give something like that if possible.

Your help is much appreciated! I think this is hard one! At least it is for me!

Dawn in IL

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  10:44:09 AM  Show Profile
DId a quick search and fond a few ideas....

Other favor items can include coloring or activity books, key chains, puzzles, magnets, miniature cards, plastic games, yo-yos, stickers, novelty erasers, jump ropes, pinwheels, crayons, markers, flashlights

Surprise Balloons. A great, easy idea to cover both party decorations and birthday party favors is surprise balloons. There are two ways to do this. First, you can put something (crayons, small candies) inside the balloon (tricky, but it can be done) before blowing it up. Give each child a balloon to take home with them. Once they're home they can pop it and find their own little gift. Second, tie a small party favor to the end of the balloon's ribbon. Some ideas are small dollar store toys, such as slinkies, toy cars, or a small bag of play jewelry.

Here's a cool party site that might give you some ideas... http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com

Have fun!

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  10:58:08 AM  Show Profile
Felt finger puppets? Wee felt gnomes which are just a tuft of wool wrapped by a triangle of felt and tacked shut. Streamers? Those are just a small metal or wooden ring they can hold in their hands (like the small embroidery hoops) and rainbow colored ribbons are tied to them so they stream out as they run or dance.

Oh! And if you have time, we used to make felt bean bags in the shape of starts and attached ribbon to stream out. They could throw them and watch the streamer ribbons fly. We called them shooting stars.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com

Edited by - rabbithorns on Jan 27 2009 10:59:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  11:12:01 AM  Show Profile
These are great ideas!!

You can make bookmarks and laminate them. Also make little tie ons for backpacks from felt. You can use cookie cutters to cut the shapes out of felt and then stuff them. If you don't sew just hot glue them and stuff them.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  08:38:57 AM  Show Profile
Lots of good ideas Dawn, you don't have much time!!!

Good Luck
Michele
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  12:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the great suggestions and looking things up on the internet for me farmgirls! I will read these more closely and see what I can come up with. I really appreciate your input and help!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What To Make For 5 Year Olds Treat Bags Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page