Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please do the praying for me...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please do the praying for me... Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:07:56 PM  Show Profile
because this time, I can't seem to do it for myself. I am mad at God. I know, how heathen is that to say! I want to pray, I want to talk calmly to God and seek His will, but I don't find the strength of spirit to do it lately.
If my DH doesn't find a job soon, he is seriously considering enlisting in the military. I thought it was a passing whim when he first mentioned it, but now he is actually considering it a job option.
I lack the words to tell you all the emotions that are rolling around in my mind at the moment.
Please, would you pray for me, for him, for our family as we trust God to do what He knows is best, even though, it could be the hardest thing we've ever done.
Hugs,

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  9:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jessie,
My Grandpa would say, "being mad at GOD isnt a bad thing, it is just what we do with the anger that can hurt us"..... SO, I don't think you will go down in history as they only person who was ever MAD at God and I certainly dont think it qualifies you as a heathen.........:)

I have two sons in the Military and it is hard, I wont lie. Somedays it takes all I have got to not FREAK out. But Every day I am just so proud of them. What other sort of things is your hubby looking at?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:23:36 PM  Show Profile
:hugs: I'll say a prayer for you and your family, Jessie. Prayers for wisdom and clarity in the direction that God is calling you. And for the strength that only God can give.

It's okay to be angry with God. I love reading the Psalms and seeing all of the emotions that David had toward God. And he was called "A man after God's own heart."

Rene is right...it's what you do with that anger that can be harmful.

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:44:49 PM  Show Profile
Prayers are coming your way. Interceding for one another is definitely one of the gifts God gave to us. When we can't pray for ourselves and our family, others can take up the task and do it for us. It is so good that you asked!!! I pray that a job comes to your hubby that will fulfill him and if it is the military, much prayer will be needed to discern that. Hugs to you all. Read Psalm 62....it always helps me.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Jessie.. My prayers for you and CR.. Let go.. Don't feel guilty for your feelings.. Our God is a forgiving God.. He knows you and what is best for you. It's ok to be mad.. Confused, hurt, but mostly loved...(((hugs)) Cheryl

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  01:16:38 AM  Show Profile
Jessie - it's ok to be mad at God. It's ok to question Him and ask why. When I've had times like this when I couldn't pray I would just sit quietly with my Bible open. God knows your heart and He loves you even when you're angry at Him. You don't even have to speak. Many times it's better that way. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. This scripture always helps me:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Handmade Soap and More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  07:01:39 AM  Show Profile
{{{{{Jessie}}}}} That's the wonderful thing about prayer...even when you don't have the strength to pray yourself, God places others in your life who will intercede and pray for you. Just know that we're all here praying for you, your family, and your situation.

Sometimes what we mistake as anger at God is actually our fears coming through. I know that's happened to me before! When I put my fears into His hands and didn't rely on myself, that's when I finally felt His peace and grace in my life.

I'll certainly be praying for you and your family.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  09:44:08 AM  Show Profile
Jess,
I'm so sorry you are mad and sad. I'm sending you a little present out in the mail today, maybe cheer you up a bit. I just hope everything works out for the best.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  09:59:06 AM  Show Profile
Jessie what does your husband want to do? Other than the Military there are lots of people on this forum that might be able to point him to a direction that would gain him some work. I own a trucking company. I don't need any drivers right now. But you never know who might need a good worker on there payroll. As to being mad at god some days I am right there too. Then some thing awsome happens out of the blue and it makes a huge difference in my attitude.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  10:14:01 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, I am praying too.
And yes it is oke to be mad at God. I am mad at Him too, for way other reasons. Let's both start to pray, sweetie

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  7:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I am so sorry you are going through this. And it is ok to feel this way. This is what friends are for, to intercede when one can't. I have been there many a time, believe me.

I have been going to a Bible study on the book of Esther by Beth Moore. It is a fantastic study. We're going on the 4th week now. But there is a verse in it somewhere that I just have to share with you. I don't know if I have ever heard it before and it just seems perfect for this time. From Deut.33:25 "My beloved sister, may God be allowed to work such steadfastness of mind in you that the bolts of your gates will be iron and bronze and your strength will equal your days." Wow. Is that just the most awesome verse? I don't know why I have never seen it before. But it just seems to fit here right now for you. God never leaves us or forsakes us. It seems like we are all alone out here on this great big earth, but all we have to do is call His name and there He is! That's all He asks. Just call His name and that's all it takes. Sometimes that's all we can do and He understands. I know. There are so many things I've been through and that's all I could get out of my mouth was His beautiful name.

Lord, I just ask that you be with this precious family. They have been going through such a hard time lately and need you guidance right now. They need your peace. They need your love. They need to know that You are there and holding them in your loving arms. I ask that You give them knowledge to know the right direction for their family. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  7:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Jessie , I hope you are feeling better tonight. Rest, sit and listen with your heart..(((hugs)))

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  8:07:28 PM  Show Profile
I thank you all so much for your encouragement. Your posts, your emails, and cards. I find myself so many times asking God, what in the world are you doing? What do you want me to learn? Why aren't you showing me anything? Grrr...lol. God has been trying to teach me how to wait for so long! I know that perfect job is out there. It has to be. God doesn't just put us in situations and just leave us there. I am reminded of the verse "As the deer panteth for the waters, so my soul panteth for thee, O Lord." I get so down and feel so lonely in it all.
The prospect of being even more alone should he finally chose the military is one of those times when you could swear that you actually feel your heart breaking.
I know that God is doing something. I dont know what, but something.
CR is open to anything and everything right now. He has put in all over the place. Glass plants, gas stations, blockbuster, dairy farms, just everywhere we can think of. The job he thought he had isnt hiring until May now. I dont want to lose my new house I havent even moved into yet, because of this, but I dont want him to be shipping off and me home trying to raise our little ones. He has worked for security gate distributors as tech support, wiring and doing installations of the same for 6 years +. We did own our own restaurant until Oct, with the economy it was sinking quickly. We bought it after having worked there for the last ten years off and on. He worked at the Glass Plant part of last year, before we moved to buy the restaurant. He really liked that, but I so wanted to be near my grandparents. My heart still longs to be there with them.
I know God is in control.I keep telling myself that. I am trying to constantly give it over to God. I give it to Him and somewhere throughout my day, I take it back and worry because I am not sure what he is doing with it. Then I have to give it back to Him again.
All of your prayers, emails, cards, pkgs, and letters have meant so much to me this month. You all will probably never know what it has meant to go out to the mailbox on the days that I feel like running and hiding or not getting out of bed at and seeing mail from you all. I fight depression a lot, but I know that I can do this! I have three reasons to not let the devil make me believe that there isnt a day that is worth getting out of bed for. I have a 3yr old and an almost 2 year old reasons that I know that God has to do something. That He IS doing something!
THank you most of all for your friendships!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  10:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Jessie,

I'm praying for you and your family. I hope that CR finds something really soon. Your friendship means so much to me, you have listened to me when things have not been so good and I want to be here for you now. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I'm sending big hugs for you, things will work out.. I just know it.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  1:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Prayers are being sent your way and God will lead the perfect job to your husband, it's just so hard when His timing is not our own.
Have you sat down with your hubby and explained how terrifying it is to even think of him being in the military? I know he probably feels like he is at the end of his rope but when it comes to joining the military both spouses should be on board. The military isn't a job, it really is a lifestyle. I pray that CR can see how hard this would be on you and not even consider that line of work!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  1:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Ill be praying HUGS Bert Bush
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  2:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, That is almost the exact same thing that my Mom said. My Dad was in the Navy until I was 10. That meant two weeks at home and six months out to sea. It is a lifestyle and I totally agree that both spouses need to agree on that one.CR has put it to the backburner for now and we are trusting God to provide so it does not become a necessity. It seems like the easy/hard way out to go into the military. Too complicated. Hurts my brain to think about it...lol.
He is considering the post office. Please pray God would lead him in the right directions
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stashaholics Anonymous Member since Jan. 29th, 2009 :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Go to Top of Page

lilliesfarm
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Lillie
Jones OK
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  05:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Jessie,
Remember sweetheart, God knows exactly what you need before you even ask. I understand exactly where you're at. The thing I've learned about trials is, they dare us to trust God, even in the midst of the storm.
When I was a kid, non of my friends would dare me to do anything because they knew I was fearless and I'd do it, like jumping off the roof, and running in front of a bull while wearing red, or squeezing a cactus in my hand. Not a good idea by the way.
When life hands us uncertainties just look at them and say, "Go ahead, dare me to keep trusting in God, dare me because you know I'll do it!"
Hang in there hun, God said he would never leave us, and he's never left you.
I'm praying for you.
Lillie

God bless
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  10:17:52 AM  Show Profile
Dear Dear Farmgirl Sister...PLEASE to know you are not the only one who is going through "something"...we all are....my heart aches for you and DH....Is relocating in another state out of the question?
You are precious, don't let the enemy of our souls, steal what you have in your heart, let go and let God...I know, I know, easier said then done, but, with my DH not working, I am learning, the waiting game also...
LOVE TO YOU SISTER....

Farmgirl Sister #368

http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  10:37:42 AM  Show Profile
HI Terri,
Unfortunately, we are livingon my parents property, because we can't afford to be anywhere else, so moving is pretty well out of our range.
Now, we can pray for each other as only those who have been in this place or are in this place can.:) With kindred hearts!
Thank you all so much for your ecouragement. It gives me hope.
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stashaholics Anonymous Member since Jan. 29th, 2009 :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  06:37:16 AM  Show Profile
that's the beautiful thing about our God. He loves uncontitionally no matter what.

This is a dark time for you. Out of it will emerge the light.

Have faith and trust and patience.

Meantime we'll pray for you!

Be strong
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please do the praying for me... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page