Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Kind of quiet on the MJ site today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kind of quiet on the MJ site today Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  11:10:34 AM  Show Profile
Maybe everyone stayed in bed. Its so cold and windy here I know I stayed in today. I have to go out the next three days so I thought I would stay right here today.
I just put a pot roast in the oven,already smells good, after awhile I'll add some potatoes and carrots to it. That will make for good left overs tomorrow too.
Thought I would change things all around in my back entry way today. You KNOW THAT PART OF THE HOUSE THAT HAS ALL THE PLANTS IN.So first I thought I would put different curtains up, after I did that, which wasn't easy, have to move everything to do it. Well don't like them. So by now I have upset the kitchen the computer room and the back entry. Now I'm asking myself, what were you thinking? This is a spring job, then you can put all the plants outside while you give the back entry a good cleaning and then change it around. SOOOOO I did some changing but put most things back to where they were. Now I need to lay down.
I did post a couple of pictures that have nothing to do with the said event.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  11:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well I've been to Wally World twice this morning (can't remember worth diddly, that's why two trips) and to the library. I have changed out the light switch in the kids' room. I have tried to explain to them a hundred times, "If you sit and flip the switch on and off for fun, you will wear it out." This morning they were grumpy when they had to find their clothes in the dark. I have to go get them from school here in a bit. Then we'll just be hunkering down and waiting for the snow. Lots of groceries, a couple of movies and I picked us up a game to play- Twister. I'm not too sure how that game and I are gonna get along. But I'm sure the kiddos will get a good laugh.

Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:20:09 PM  Show Profile
I just returned from the grocery store, and oof course I fell down and smashed my bad knee. Well I guess now it is my worst one. I've decided I need to make myself a cup of tea and read for a while. I'll put frozen peas on my knee, that will help.

I love your suncatcher, I have one in one of my kitchen windows, they are fun to watch as the light moves throughout the day. Maybe I should just drink some coffee , that might get me going. You sound like you are having a pretty good day. My ooverall design plan is this : When the weather warms up I'm just going to start hucking things down the trap door in the barn. It's an old barn and it has stalls in it and then a trap door with a massive space under it. I'm never going to arrange things until i start getting rid of them.

Today my daughter decided we needed a picture of our new president so we got a nice one to put up in the kitchen. This cheers me up no end, since she has been depressed for so long. I swear one of these days I'm going to take pictures of my kitchen and post them, but not just yet.

Yesterday I put a pork shoulder roast in the slow cooker with an onion, some barbecue sauce and a slug of vinegar. It turned out great, and tonight we'll have pulled pork sandwiches. I haven't used my crock pot much until this winter, I have learned to love it, and it is such an easy way to cook.

Okay, teatime.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:54:16 PM  Show Profile
I had to go to the doctor this morning. It is really cold, and I was lucky enough to get a parking spot on the main street right across from the hospital. So no parking garage fee, and no walking for blocks in the bitter cold either.

Then back to the office for the day, and now I'm thinking about the evening. I've got a crock pot of lentil soup all ready for dinner, and I may go afterwards to the local community college to see an admissions councilor. They are open evenings this week only, so this would be the time to go. But I've got to exercise sometime this evening also, so I hope I don't have to sit in the waiting room all night.

Whew. Kind of a busy day for me.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  1:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Nancy Jo - It's cold here, too. We're expecting 4 or 5 inches of snow tonight. And ice....yippee...ice. How are Jack and Dave? I wish I could sleep until spring. LOL! And PS about Miss Wilma. She's kind of down in her back.

Karin - Ouch! What is it about knees? Didn't you fall on that one before? You emailed me after I took a header last spring and talked about falling on your knee. That's GIGANTIC pain, for those who haven't experienced it. And I used the sack of pea thing, too. My knees are both kind of permanently lumpy now. Do yours go back to normal? Maybe it's just me.

Amie - Good luck with the community college thing. I work in a cc myself. What are you planning to major in?

Melanie - I'm going to go home tonight and just hunker down and wait, too. I'm hoping that we get enough to close school and not just enough to make driving bad.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  1:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Just trying to keep warm today in this boat of a house. I have been stoking the woodstove in the livingroom, but it's still too cool downstairs for me. I am up in my office with a little electric heater going. Uggh. I haven't accomplished a thing today, except for reading a couple of chapters of Willa Cather's One of Us. Anyone else out there a Willa Cather fan?

Melody
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  1:11:27 PM  Show Profile
It was a quick out & back this morning. but I had to stop at Goodwill.. Yeah I feel Like Nancy Jo..now that I love to thrift so much..! Thanks Nancy...It's your fault! I posted on the garden gate thread my biggest bargain.. That was after I got my hair cut.. and popped in to the grocery store to get fat free 1/2 & 1/2 for our morning coffee..
ran out this morning. Going to make porksteak for dinner it is thawing, and mix up some Emeril Lagasse's Essence spices. Then take a nap before DH & I have to go out again later. I think it's tea time...tata

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  1:40:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy Jo I have been down for a week, I crossed a fence to many times and and got my back in trouble big time, I layed two hours and couldnt even move but my daughter got hold of my Dr and I ended up in ER, they have me on therephy now and I am a LOT better but not well. At least I can set in a chair for awhile now, Hpoe everything is well with everyone else, Been missing all of you

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  1:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Missed you, too, Wilma.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  2:13:26 PM  Show Profile
I've been missing you all too. Sorry to hear about your back Miss Wilma and your knee Karin. I hope you both are feeling better very soon.

Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  2:30:27 PM  Show Profile
I hope you are feeling better soon, too, miss Wilma. I had noticed that you haven't been around much.

I have been upstairs cleaning. The bathroom was a MESS! And I have washed and dried 3 sets of sheets and comforters with my homemade washing soap! Very nice. And vacuumed and swept and dusted. So it is officially clean upstairs. Of, and even vacuumed the stairs, too. Now if I can just keep anyone from going up there...

I am also making spaghetti with my own sauce and pork sausage. It smells too good and I am hungry. I'm waiting on hubby to get back from the doc. He went last week to get paper work filled out for short-term disability. It's kinda fun having him around all the time. I get to cook and act like a real wife! It's fun. So I've been busy being being Suzie Homemaker. He's been driving a truck 19 years now.

Ya'll have a great day and everyone be careful! Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  2:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma,
See I knew something was amiss. Glad to hear you are feeling some better. Hope you are all better soon.
NANCY Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  4:53:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Miss Wilma, I just checked out your blog. I hope you post again soon. Your photos are stories in themselves. Thanks for all the pictures.

It must be something in the air. We're having wind gusts again, enough to blow the yurts down but while I was gone they added "wind kits" and now they are still noisy but somewhat bomb-proof.

However, the door to the Temple was whipped right off the frame by the wind last night. The frame was cracked but after I got back from town, a couple of the guys said they got it back on for now while we wait for a new ordered door.

I was up 4 times last night between 11 and 4 a.m. taking caught mice out, far away and then try to go back to sleep. Last one, I kept and let him go 12 miles away on the way to town today. If I catch any tonight I'm gonna do the same thing, because after every two hours, that mouse looked awfully familiar!

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  7:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Allison, maybe you should tie a string around the tail! And ya'll sure have lots of wind damage there in Bowie, Az. Seems like you've had lots lately. I hope it's not too bad tonight.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:02:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy Jo that pot roast smells so good. YUM!!
Oh Miss Wilma I do hope you git to gittin' better. I have been at my Mother's home. she hurt her back somehow--she doesn't know it just hurts. She's 92 and is so healthy so this has really got her down. But she just has to remember to start taking it easy and rest and relax so she can heal. I was there yesterday and today. This has been going on for about one week. Her doctor said she usually bounces back from anything so fast that this has him worried. He wanted her to go to an MD so I took her today and all they prescribe is pills. So she will take care of everything--as always. She made applesauce and peanut brittle and took a walk and I told her she has to be still and let things heal and she said well as long as I am standing I might as well do something. I just can't win with her. Mb

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Jan 26 2009 8:03:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  8:11:35 PM  Show Profile
MY INTERNET HATES ME!! lol..it is the only thing I can think to say. I have not been able to get online for more than a few moments at a time since day before yesterday.It has let me catch up on some sewing, but has frustrated me to no end about not being able to get on here. My friends all live here!!lol:)
Hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  9:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Pork roast! MMM....

Yes, we have had an unusual amount of high wind. It's quiet tonight finally. Kristin, I did just think of "tagging" these guys with a little nail polish on the tails, but decided to just take them miles away and then I don't have to think about it anymore if it is the same little guys. I already got one by 7 p.m. and he's waiting patiently with food and water to be relocated tomorrow.

But I'll be dreaming of pork roast now...lol.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma - I have been down with my back enough times to really feel for you. PT helps me too, but the pain is terrible when it happens. I hope each day is a little better.

I had two grands this morning, Hannah and Josiah, while my daughter went to the grocery store. It is just two weeks now since he was born. This afternoon, I had the two girls while Josiah had his first doctor appointment. In between I went to the store. We had leftover pork roast tonight with pasta and salad and bread. I roast pork with teriyaki sauce and a little tuscan dressing. It sounds yucky but tastes good. I took some homemade bread that was beginning to get a little dry, and sliced it. Then I put a little olive oil, parmesan cheese, oregano, basil and garlic salt on it. Then I toasted it in the oven while the roast was reheating. It was a good way to use my bread up.

I also washed and refreshed the baby bed I keep here at our house. It had pink bedding on it, and so I changed it to blue and white for the new little guy. It was a gray day here, and wet but not rainy. NOw itis the middle of the night, and I am wide awake for some reason. Hope sleep comes soon!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kind of quiet on the MJ site today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page