quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:37:46 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone else had the unpleasant experience of trading something in good faith and then been ignored?

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:41:59 PM  Show Profile
oh goodness. I haven't. The ladies have all been really good about it so far. I know, that if you have had trouble with someone and after multiple attempts they haven't answered or come through, you can "report" them. I know there was at least talk of it, but I don't know if it ever went through. Sorry if you are having a bad time of it. It does leave a nasty burn for the next time you think of bartering. I hope that won't be the case.
hugs and hope it works out!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh no...What happened Mary?

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:47:12 PM  Show Profile
I don't want to name names - I just sent items twice and received no response and am disappointed. Just wondered if anyone else had had this experience and how you resolved it.

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Only a peace between equals can last. Woodrow Wilson
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:51:15 PM  Show Profile
No....I wouldn't ask....I am new to this forum and just bartered for an item last week. Have faith...keep trying! I know it can be a shock when it happens to you. But, I really think there is more good than bad out there!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  3:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Melody, I looked at your blog and you have some beautiful photographs on there. We also share the sign of Leo, but I am further past the age of consent than you. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Only a peace between equals can last. Woodrow Wilson
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  4:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Anytime, you feel like bartering I'm GAME!

Tell me about your quilts, Mary...

Just this afternoon I took the one I have listed in my blog out of my frame and am finishing up the edges. I am already itching to put another one on the Hinterburg and start again!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  4:35:21 PM  Show Profile
You will find faithful and honest women here, who know how to barter and trade. Keep trying! Perhaps the problems you had were with folks having a hard time.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  4:37:30 PM  Show Profile
Did they just not let you know they had received what you sent? Or were you supposed to receive something back?

I'm sorry you had that experience. I've only traded a couple of times and it's been great.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  5:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Unfortunately, I did and so did someone else here with the same person. What I learned is get the money or barter first then send your item. I gave this person 4 months and 14 emails to get in touch with me. She kept telling me the check was sent out. After waiting another month and no response, I then turned her name into the office.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  8:03:23 PM  Show Profile
I have had that problem. I looked up the person and she has only posted once and that was it. So I emailed her and see if she says anything back. I think it will be a karma thing. I did my good deed and spread the Mary Jane Magazine around and she may or may not respond.
But she is the only one and I have done a lot of bartering, so on isn't so bad!
Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"

Edited by - Laura Marie on Jan 25 2009 8:16:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  8:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Everyone I have bartered with have been wonderful(knock on wood). But I bartered on another forum before and sent this lady all kinds of bulbs and plants out of my garden and never received anything back. And no responses from her! So that was my one and only time doing that! Don't let it discourage you and next time wait for your stuff to arrive first before sending anything out. Tammy

Best farm wishes
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  8:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Sorry for your trouble, I have been lucky so far and enjoyed the barters.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  9:13:46 PM  Show Profile
It sounds very specific so it doesn't seem to be an ongoing thing. I'm glad to hear that. Everyone always seems so happy and gushing on the barters. You see love in all caps a lot! LOL "I LOVE it!" :-)

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  11:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
I am so sorry to hear that you have had soem bad barters. I have had all good trades here so far.

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Mary, I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience, I've only "bartered" once so far as I'm fairly new and the women I've dealt with were wonderful...don't give up faith!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

SarahAnn
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Sarah

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  01:18:11 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear that is going on here. I know we do not like to name names or point fingers, but I wish we all knew who to steer clear of when bartering.
Yes, maybe this person having a tough time, but that's no excuse for being dishonest. Since this same person has done this more than once, it might just be her game to get something for nothing and she may continue to take atvantage of the wonderful farmgirls here. I am thinking the only way to prevent other farmgirls from being taken atvantage of is to give the name.....I think I would tell her to make things right or her name will be made public.
I am happy to say that my daughter has had several barters here and it has been good dealings on both ends.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  01:30:23 AM  Show Profile
I have just posted a new post, please gals read it.
I don't think Mary was mentioning me because NO money was involved in our barter. But please go check out my post.
I am sorry if it was me, but please have a little patience with me if it was girl.

Love and hugs and Mary my item is ON it's way to you as of now, I am going to the PO right now to send it to you.

SORRY :(

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  07:37:22 AM  Show Profile
I've done a few trades here and it's always been a good experience. If anyone was expecting anything from me and didn't get it (or if you ever are in the future), please, please let me know! It might be lost in the mail, or I might have just gotten busy and forgotten.

Is there actually a system to report abuse of the barter forum? Who would you report it to? I assumed it was kind of an "at your own risk" kind of thing, and I've never bartered anything or any amount of money that was precious to me.
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  09:07:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes.

I ignored it, thinking that if they didn't come through on their end they must really have needed the encouragement of some stuff from me.

It was a burr under my saddle, but hey--life goes on.

:)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Grandma Mar
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Marlene
Bolingbrook IL
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh, my! It's sad that some people can be that way. I tend to be too trusting and have been burned many times, yet I still have an inner desire to help others. Bartering is a nifty way to satisfy mutual wants or needs, and a few bad apples shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for everyone. I agree that those who haven't followed through on bartering should have their names mentioned to protect others from being ripped off.

I've ordered & paid for an item that was mentioned on the forum, and have just bartered for magazines. I've sent one out so far, and am expecting one in return. It's too soon to tell if either of the people will follow through, so I just have to wait and see.

Because one person may be dishonest, doesn't mean that everyone is that way. So far, I've met many wonderful, considerate women on this forum. I do hope to get acquainted with more in the days to come.

Mend and make do. - Old English Proverb
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:43:54 AM  Show Profile
so far I have had a wonderful time on the bartering forum...am worried about the last barter I did because I have not heard that the lady received her merchandise (I let my husband do the post office...now thinking that might have been a bad mistake). All the others have come through and have been lovely items ...
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:59:05 AM  Show Profile
I have had great success with my barter items and also those sold outright I have even sent products before receiving money. I am of the idea that if they have signed up here they have a few moral values and that if they can't honor the barters or buys that their own guilt or as I like to say bad karma will get them in the end. What goes around comes around.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

threadandthrum
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Shayla

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  2:55:29 PM  Show Profile
To Janiee:
Even if it is permanently lost in postal-world limbo, I'm sure that no permanent mental scarring will occur! ;) I have absolute faith that there has been no "foul play" in the matter. So don't worry yourself sick over it, pretty please! :) I think it'll still turn up in the end, anyway.
Shayla
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  3:19:22 PM  Show Profile
I have a funny story re: items in the mail that has nothing to do with a barter here..but just so you know how wonky the postal service can be sometimes..I had ordered some seeds a year ago off of ebay...and they never came, never came..so the seller kindly sent me another batch..and almost a year to the day later..what should arrive in my mail box but the "original" batch of seeds postmarked a year previous!
I guess better late than never.
Then I ordered something from overseas(England) off of ebay also a year ago..and waited and waited, it never came..so the seller gave me a refund..finally..a year later it showed up..and I emailed the fellow and said..you know what..I owe you that money now..it finally arrived a year later..we both had a good laugh over it.
-----------------
o.k. now saying this..I sincerely hope that whomever has ever entered into barter with me has been pleased/satisfied with the barters with me.
If not and you feel that I owe you something please do email me privately so that any hard feelings that anyone may have can be smoothed out.
I certainly do not want anyone here having any "burrs under their saddles" about me or anything I may have unintentionally done to offend without knowing it.
I try very hard to keep track of everything I owe someone by writing it down, etc. So if I have unintentionally offended any here..do email me privately so that we can smooth things out.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  9:17:48 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it funny how a post like this gets you wondering if you are the one who forgot to let someone know an item got here or forgot to mail a barter back.... or somehow lost the return item in transit?? I keep thinking I have sent all my things out... and then... I wonder!!! =)

I have always had such good luck here with great barters and wonderful farmgirls. So if I owe someone (Or if I forgot to tell you I got something!!) --- PLEASE let me know!!!!

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Honesty and Bartering Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page