Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Disappointed Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  2:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I worked really hard, turning in my resume, going to an interview, talking with the President for over 1 1/2 hours, and left on a positive note. This was all for an officer position with my college's Veterans group. This is a brand new group. I was assured I would be on the board, as turn out was low and they liked me. Well, a week goes by and the schedule a meeting at 4 on Friday. I couldn't make it since that is exactly when I pick up Charlie from school. I also had emailed last Tuesday that I was still interested, blah, blah, blah. I emailed them all week, with no response until this morning. I get an email today that the turn out for Friday was 24 people and that the officers were meeting next week. HUH??? What officers? How did this happen? How were people selected? Afer some emails back and forth (They didn't even have the guts to call me and discuss it) I have come to realize they already had people picked but were going through the motions and just needed me as a number to promote their new cause at school. I was ticked off to say the least. I really don't like being used.

I told them I was no longer interested. It is not about the fact that I didn't make the board. It is the fact that I was used as a pawn to promote for them and yet wasn't good enough to make the team.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  3:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your efforts.((( hugs))) another horrible experience to grow from...You did not fail them..They failed your expectations.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  3:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I know that and I look at it as an opportunity. I have other volunteer organizations to join. I just don't like being used especially when it takes me a LOT of planning to get up to school, park, find the darn buildings and what not.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  6:27:06 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry!!!
Unfortunately, our old world is like that,,,that has happened to me also and they did the same thing to me..talk about HURT!!!!
That was many, many years ago when I was still young and dumb, and I confronted them, they had nothing to say,,,
Now, I think I would just ignore them and not be taken down to their level..
Keep your chin up, it probably wasn't worth it anyhows...
Much Love to you....

Farmgirl Sister #368

http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com

Edited by - 5 acre Farmgirl on Jan 24 2009 6:28:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  7:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to hear that Heather. Just keep going and don't look back, you're better than that. Hugs

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  7:39:38 PM  Show Profile
Many times blessings come disguised as disappointments.....but it took me 60 years to realize it so be patient with yourself and give yourself what we would all like from others.....unconditional love and acceptance.
Hugs to you and Charlie....

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  07:29:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry this happened. I'm sure a better opportunity will come your way soon.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Disappointed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page