Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Tea Staining Question...Again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tea Staining Question...Again Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  07:59:42 AM  Show Profile
I have a doll that I had already made and was wondering if its still okay to tea stain her even though she is already stuffed and all put together.
If not, I'll leave her cotton white, but I would really love to be able to give her a little color. :)
THanks for your input. Making these dollies sure is addictive!!
hugs <----I'm feeling lippy again today..lol

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  2:24:05 PM  Show Profile
yes u can still stain her

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  2:26:55 PM  Show Profile
YUP!

An easy way to do it so that you don't have a drippy wet doll that will take weeks to dry, would be to brush on the tea with a sponge brush! It kind of settles into seams and creases for that homey look. Its my favorite way to dye fabric!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  6:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Ok great! Linda was trying to explain to me the "painting" tea stain on earlier. I get what you all mean now. I think I may just leave this one cotton white and stain the next one. The kids love to get into anything that makes even a little mess and I'm afraid they'd have a creative hayday with sponge painting with tea. Thanks for you help1!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tea Staining Question...Again Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page