Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Buying Books Next Topic  

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  10:07:23 AM  Show Profile
Just to let people know I have often found the books are at a better price online through Barnes and Noble, especially if you have their membership card. It is $25 a year but I save more than that easily. Also thanks to the info about cabincoupon.com I find online coupons as well for Barnes and Noble. Christian Book Distributors also has pretty good deals on books, membership is $5 a year and you then get the lowest price at the time.
Just thought some of you may want to know.

Enjoy!!!!
Rae

I love living in the country!!

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  12:19:31 PM  Show Profile
I love CBD and always order from them. I was wondering if the Barnes and Noble card was worth paying for. Do you find it's a good deal?
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  1:58:49 PM  Show Profile
Ruth,
For me it really has paid off. I live 50 miles from Barnes and Noble, which is the closest book store for me so being able to buy online is great. I get free shipping with any order over $25 which is no problem. I tell my kids to check with me as well as can save $ for them and I am able to ship right to them. I really like CBD as well so do also order from them.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  5:44:45 PM  Show Profile
It has paid off for me too. I live an hour and 1/2 from the nearest Barnes and Noble..but when I DO go up north I tend to "stock up" and so do the kids...well worth it I feel.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  05:16:09 AM  Show Profile
If I know I am going to the store I do the same, unless I know what books I want. I check online as I find often they are a little cheaper :-) The card is well worth the money spent if you do buy a lot of books. My husband claims I could open a library!! I do re-read though so well worth money for me.
Rae

Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  8:12:45 PM  Show Profile
Have you noticed also that most of the books on Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com websites are available used. I always look at the price with postage and compare to the new price. Tonight I found a book I have been looking for and its price was actually one penny. The postage is 3.99 but it is still a great deal. Sometimes the used price ends up close to the new price and you can't use your discount card for used books so you have to be careful. I have had really good luck with the sellers being honest as to the condition the books are in. It is so nice to be able to find books that are out of print at a reasonable price. Happy Reading!

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  02:51:59 AM  Show Profile
Yes I have checked used at Barnes and Noble when I am looking for books out of print. I have one or two old from older series and have been able to complete mine through the used books!
Rae

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Buying Books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page