Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Running a Design Business from the farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Running a Design Business from the farm Next Topic  

boonedesigns
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

sandy
danville OH
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  07:43:41 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to introduce myself I am new to the forums.

I have been a freelance graphic designer, illustrator and mural artist for over 5 years. (since the birth of my oldest daughter) Before freelancing I drove over an hour each way to work and back and worked for a Marketing Firm in "the city" Columbus, Ohio. I am thrilled at every new project I receive from hard work. As I sit typing this or sketching, designing at my computer or checking email I look out my window at our chicken house & horse barn. I brainstorm ideas while watching our pigmy goat wander in the yard. Breaks between projects I spend changing diapers of our second daughter 23 months, collecting eggs, feeding the horses and peaking on rising bread. I am so blessed to have the talent to make some money doing what I love surrounded by the place and family I love.

For the past 5 years I have received projects from an Agricultural Marketing Firm designing and illustrating for farm projects and horse trainer that I use and watch. That part of my job has been very full filling. I also painted a lot of children's room murals. I must admit the last few years have slowed down a bit probably blamed on the economy. At times it can be very difficult to round up work living way out where I do. But I have been fortunate to keep steady and not to overly busy. Every new client is exciting, some as far away as Canada and Great Britain.

I have future dreams for a fabulous website that I hope to learn to build myself. I do designing for them all the time but I just don't know how to make them work. For now I use a free site for now even though it doesn't scream out professional website it helps for now. I to have to keep my eyes on every penny. It's hard to spend divide money on supplies, software upgrades, new computers, fabulous websites and diapers, groceries, and new business clothes. That is my biggest challenge but I know five years ago I made the right choice. I sometimes miss the excitement and the money of working for a firm but I wouldn't change it for the world. I don't see much use in having a lot of money if you never see the home and family you spend it on.

My website is www.boonedesigns.com if you want to take a look. I would love to hear comments from you about my work if you can overlook the icky website. Someday...

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  08:03:25 AM  Show Profile
A big Farm Girl welcome from Georgia!!!!! You are going to love being here!

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  03:08:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sandy! Nice to meet you. The graphics are sweet, some of them funny! Welcome to the farm

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

boonedesigns
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

sandy
danville OH
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  05:10:28 AM  Show Profile
Thank you. I know I will enjoy it here. Love it all ready.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. ~Confucius

Sandy Boone Murals, Illustration & Graphic Design
www.BooneDesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  06:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hiya Sandy!

And welcome!

I loved seeing the things you do on your website! And I swear I could smell the raising bread!! (sorry pregnancy thing lol ) Your place sounds wonderful and your life blessed! I look forward to getting to know you!

Hugs!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:51:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from the snow encrusted North! You are going to love it here, I looked at your site, lovely. You will find all sorts of interesting women and ideas here. I look forward to seeing some more of your murals...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Running a Design Business from the farm Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page