Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hail, from the Great WET North
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hail, from the Great WET North Next Topic  

farmprincess
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Crystal
Abbotsford British Columbia
Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  11:03:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello All,
I am new to all this forum stuff, but I am a new mom and a country girl to the core. For now I am fenced in in the city, but my husband and I hope to have a small farm some day. I am here in British Columbia, Canada, but as my dad is a truck driver, I spent a good part of my growing up years in the wonderful U S of A. I registered for this site a few months ago after looking through one of my mom's Mary Jane mags. I realized how much I miss country living and how much I want to re-learn and learn new skills. Now that my new baby boy has arrived(6 weeks)and we are settling in I am hoping to find some camaraderie, knowledge, brief moments of sanity and to get back in touch with my country girl roots. I am looking forward to learning how to find my way around here, but have patience with my bumbling along the way...believe it or not, my 47 year old mother has learned how to do this before me...good thing I taught her to use the computer 10 years ago. Anyway, lookin forward to some learnin and just plain fun.

FarmPrincess
Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Motherhood is the adventure that lasts a lifetime.

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  12:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Crystal and welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy your journey of learning and making new friends here. This is a large and varied group of talented women. My hubby is from BC. Vancouver Island to be exact and I imported him to the United States 4+ yrs. ago. Such a beautiful country you come from and I fell in love with his island. If not for my grown sons and my elderly parents I'd have moved there in a heart beat. Have fun here and once again welcome!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  06:24:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Crystal
Welcome from the other end of Canada...PEI. You'll love it here:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  06:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi Crystal!
Rats! I just moved away from Fort Langley a year ago to be in Southern Ontario (had an opportunity to live in the country)- We would have been farmgirl neighbours! The city is crawling more and more into the Fraser Valley isn't it? There are still some good countrygirl activites around there though- we always used to escape and go berry-picking every year. Have you been in Abbotsford a long time? I was in Vancouver(UBC)/Fort Langley for about 7 years before the fella and I moved. Congrats on the little one!

I'm so glad you joined this forum! Have lots of fun, ask lots of questions- it's a hoot!

Cheers- meg

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  06:45:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from the frozen North. I visited British
Columbia years ago, a very beautiful area of the world (though PEI is my favorite Canadian province). You will enjoy this forum I am sure...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  07:20:12 AM  Show Profile
Hail, British Columbia! The chilly northeast salutes you and sends it's greetings.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  07:20:55 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Neighbor, I live in Stanwood Wa. just south of you. My sis lives in Kelowna BC so, hey, we are practically related. LOL. Glad you decided to join in on the forum. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  12:19:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Crystal
I just joined yesterday and I live in Chilliwack, well, Yarrow to be exact. Not far away from you at all. Live on two acres now and grew up in the Caribou. Always loved the outdoors and am a farm girl at heart as well. I have three kids, youngest is 9.
Look forward to talking to you. Ingrid
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  12:25:41 PM  Show Profile
Well welcome fellow B.C.ers get joining in go to sewing section and sign up for apron swap as you got to have lots of those
Go to Top of Page

farmprincess
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Crystal
Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  1:53:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sweetproserpina

Hi Crystal!
Rats! I just moved away from Fort Langley a year ago to be in Southern Ontario (had an opportunity to live in the country)- We would have been farmgirl neighbours! The city is crawling more and more into the Fraser Valley isn't it? There are still some good countrygirl activites around there though- we always used to escape and go berry-picking every year. Have you been in Abbotsford a long time? I was in Vancouver(UBC)/Fort Langley for about 7 years before the fella and I moved. Congrats on the little one!

I'm so glad you joined this forum! Have lots of fun, ask lots of questions- it's a hoot!

Cheers- meg

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/

Hey Meg,
I have been in Abbotsford for 4 years now, i actually am originally from Mid Western Ontario, Goderich area on Lake Huron. I grew up on a small hobby farm there. I miss it so much, but hope to have one again in the near future. I still like going to the little farmers markets and yes berry season is always fun too. I don't have to go any further than 6 feet from my back door for blackberries. Lots in the freezer this year. Thanks for the welcome.

FarmPrincess

Go to Top of Page

farmprincess
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Crystal
Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  1:59:22 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ingrid

Hi Crystal
I just joined yesterday and I live in Chilliwack, well, Yarrow to be exact. Not far away from you at all. Live on two acres now and grew up in the Caribou. Always loved the outdoors and am a farm girl at heart as well. I have three kids, youngest is 9.
Look forward to talking to you. Ingrid

Hello Ingrid,
My Husband works in Yarrow, believe it or not. I spend a little time out there. My husband and i love to stop at the deli when we go for dates up at Cultis Lake. That is my sanctuary when i need to get away from it all. gotta love small town life. look forward to talking with you too. take care.

FarmPrincess

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  07:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hello Crystal!

And welcome! You will find all you said you are looking for and more! I have made some very dear friends here and enjoy learning and growing and sharing everyday I have a chance to be here!

All the best with your little one and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Hugs!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Jan 21 2009 07:11:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2009 :  2:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome!

I've lived only one hundred miles south of the Canadian border for most of my life and have visited all parts of Canada many, many times (friends in Delta and Nelson, BC, various parts of Alberta, Delhi, ON). I was even married to a Canadian for 12 years and during our first two years together we lived in Ottawa, then Whitehorse (Yukon) and Kimberley, BC.

It's nice to have you here! Karin

P.S. Ingrid, please post an intro about yourself. LOVE the Chilliwack area.
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  01:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Crystal, Congratulations on your blessed child. When you need your "adult time" come on by, we'd love to hear from you.

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hail, from the Great WET North Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page